New Song Demo - Ownhammer/Fas Modern/S2.0

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hi all,

Here's another demo i got down today. Most likely to end up on the EP with the song i most recently posted. All written for vocals and i have noticed many of you have expressed an interest in hearing these songs complete with vocals....this will be happening at some point in the next few months.

I seem to be on a roll with the 4 minute songs at the moment which is something i find quite difficult generally as i am most comfortable writing progressive stuff. Anyway this is the second tune i wanted to share and there a few more that i will be posting over the next few weeks so keep an eye out!

I hope you all enjoy it

Any feedback is appreciated!

Cheers

Justin

Last edited:
Man those cymbals are killing the mix. Too loud/too much high frequencies. Fix those and the mix will sound great. Nice melodic riffs too!

Man those cymbals are killing the mix. Too loud/too much high frequencies. Fix those and the mix will sound great. Nice melodic riffs too!

Are you sure its not soundcloud....compression rates seem to have changed on uploads....download it first (it is WAV) and post back....i will also check now. It might be because i've been writing/recording all day and i have completely misjudged it. I will re-upload though after i've checked! Thanks for the heads up though

Are you sure its not soundcloud....compression rates seem to have changed on uploads....download it first (it is WAV) and post back....i will also check now. It might be because i've been writing/recording all day and i have completely misjudged it. I will re-upload though after i've checked! Thanks for the heads up though

Yeah, the cymbals sound thin and tinny instead of something with a little body. If you can do a slight low pass and smooth out the highs, and add some body, that might help.

Yeah, the cymbals sound thin and tinny instead of something with a little body. If you can do a slight low pass and smooth out the highs, and add some body, that might help.

I've just done that for the re-upload. I never usually have a problem with cymbals so my ears must be lying to me probably because i've been in front of the speakers all day!

I'll re-upload it on a day where my ears are fresh. It's a shame though because i wanted you all to hear it without been distracted by slight mixing errors.

Really nice work! Aside from the great guitar sounds, what library of Superior are you using here? What snare is that in there? Works really well here.

Nice one man. For some strange reason it sounds to me like a mix of 80s pop/rock and djent... which is a surprisingly interesting combination :p

Really nice work! Aside from the great guitar sounds, what library of Superior are you using here? What snare is that in there? Works really well here.

Thanks man!

Its mainly the avatar kit with the kick and snare from the ezx metal machine expansion.

I like to experiment with layering snares particularly when suing samples. But when this EP gets recorded it will be live recorded drums

Nice one man. For some strange reason it sounds to me like a mix of 80s pop/rock and djent... which is a surprisingly interesting combination :p

Haha interesting thoughts. I didnt intend for it to come out that way but hey...if that's your interpretation and you enjoyed it then great!

Back
Top Bottom