New Song Demo - Ownhammer 412 GTR Marshall Cab Mix

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hey all,

Just got this tune down today, thought i'd share it with you. It's mainly a demo of these amazing new IR's that Kevin (Ownhammer) have recently put out and i, like many of you are loving the tones!

I tried something a little different with my tone this time and split my neck humbucker (dimarzio air norton) into single coil mode and just tracked from there. I really like this tone, it's grittier, dynamic response feels different, digging in just gives off overtones that you don't normally get when in full humbucker mode. Don't get me wrong, i use single coil a lot for cleans but rarely for distortion. I used the fas modern again.

Anyway i hope you enjoy the tones...and the song maybe. It will be getting vocals on it!

Thanks for listening!

Justin

Dig the way it comes out of the speakers here - great sounds. Great material too, and performance. Like it.

Yeah I like the English V30s, especially following Scott's recommendation of combining with the Black Back G12H for added sizzle.

I can't believe that I only live around the corner and we've never met. Man I love ALL your SoundCloud tracks. I know Mark Mynett, my band used to play so the production students could do their exam.

What a great tune!!!
I tried to rebuild the song / sounds for minimum 6 hours - No chance :(
What software are you using? How do you create the additional sound at 2:26 - is this the axe, too?
Could you please share patches?

Very impressive

What a great tune!!!
I tried to rebuild the song / sounds for minimum 6 hours - No chance :(
What software are you using? How do you create the additional sound at 2:26 - is this the axe, too?
Could you please share patches?

Very impressive

Thank so much!

I composed it in Logic then tracked in Pro tools. The extra sound at 2.26 is exactly the same patch with a reverb block on, mix is about 70% and rev time is about 6 seconds....gives it that real ambient/post rock tone.

Honestly...there's no point sharing the patches, they are so simple! I promise you will learn more by using your own ears. Basically all you need to know is that it's the fas modern with an 808 in front of it. The rest is down to the new IR's from Ownhammer and this just completes the tone!

Back
Top Bottom