New Song Demo 'It's Because I'm Bane' - New Ownhammer Impulses

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hey all,

Been a while since i posted anything so i thought i'd share a song i wrote recently..quite rough and needs vocals to complete it.

This is something a little different for me as i am more used to writing progressive stuff with more themes and obviously longer in duration, so what i wanted to achieve with this piece was something under 4 minutes and trying to make a solid tune with as few changes as possible.

Might not be to everyones taste but hey...if you don't like it thats cool...just listen for the tones!

Enjoy and feel free to comment!

Cheers

Justin

P.S. Download for highest quality!

I like it! I can hear some early Dream Theatre vocals going on that track. Don't ruin it with "screamo" vox. (sorry screamo fans):)

I like the contrast between what I imagine to be the verse and chorus. And the almost dub-steppy bridge is awesome.

What guitar do you use here?

Believe it or not...it's an OLP john petrucci signature, it's got Dimarzio d sonic and air norton pickups in it but still only a £150 guitar....and i love it haha

Really good work - love the contrasts and dynamics. Love the use of the triangle! For me its often all about the details... if only you could have more cowbell. (And yes I am kidding)

great job man, love the righteous rhythm tones and the dubsteppy bridge is excellent. would be interested to know which amp/cab combo you used for the main rhythm parts

the only thing that i can't get my head around is why everyone is using the same kind of drum samples these days (superior drummer?). they sound so over-processed and unrealistic to me. yes, they're punchy, but also kinda fake sounding. that's not levelled as a criticism of you, justin...just at what seems to be a general trend. the drum programming itself was top notch.

+1 Which amp and cab is it? AND can i ask for samples with solo bass track and solo riff guitar track. I want to figure out for myself how to tweak timbres... if possible.

It is the Fas Modern amp with the new ownhammer impulses. I think its the latest beta cab and it is the 57 in position 6 i believe

the only thing that i can't get my head around is why everyone is using the same kind of drum samples these days (superior drummer?). they sound so over-processed and unrealistic to me. yes, they're punchy, but also kinda fake sounding. that's not levelled as a criticism of you, justin...just at what seems to be a general trend. the drum programming itself was top notch.

I think you're right Simeon, i tried to get them not sounding as generic but really i'm happy with them to be like this for demos or general soundcloud uploads but when this song and some others are recorded properly, it will be real drums in a good room with a solid drummer....and i'm quite looking forward to this because he has a great mapex kit with a black panther and soon to be benny greb signature snare to play with!

I like it , vocals will really make this thing come together. I look forward to hearing
a completed version of this

Back
Top Bottom