New Song - Bleeding Within - Diezel Blue, OH Cab, FW18

WatersDeep

Inspired
I decided after a long time I would post one of my original songs which I just finished recently. With so many great artists around here, I am a bit nervous. Guitar is all Diezel Blue with a mixture of all three channels, an OH Diezel cab and for bass I used one of SeeD's presets tweaked to my liking.

I am hoping to hear some feedback on what everyone thinks of my song and any advise is always welcome in my cause to improve quality. Everything is all me, instruments, vocals. I still feel like a beginner in recording so any feedback is welcome.

What software are you recording with? What about the drums? Samples like EZ Drummer or something else?

The recording quality is pretty good, no major shortcomings or anything. From a songwriting perspective, I might get into the vocal sooner than you did or add something that acts as the focal point in front of it rather than just the backing track. It meanders a bit because of that, but I realize that's a vibe a lot of people like a lot more than I do, so might be just personal opinion. Last thing I'd mention is I can hear the tuning on the vox at points. I don't know if that's intentional or not, but thought I should mention in case it's not.

I use Sonar X3 and play a Roland drum kit connected to Superior Drummer via usb.

I've thought about the beginning with the VOX. I wanted a longer intro build in and it just sorta landed this way. I kept thinking about ways to add more Vox earlier but just couldn't figure out how without losing the vibe during the creation. Not normally what I do thought. I am certainly not a good singer so I heavily rely on iZotope Nectar for tuning and its better than earlier songs as I am learning each time how to hold key better but I still have improvement I know that for sure. I was hoping it was not noticeable but glad you pointed it out because it just means I need to work harder at it :).

Very reminiscent of Tool - I really like it. I can hear a bit of auto-tune on the Vox - it doesn't sound bad at all, but it is audible, and may be enough to tip-off the listener that you've "done something" to the vocals - maybe just do a couple of overdubs in key spots etc. Your voice sounds nice, though. I can't sing for shit hehe.

Hey, I'm also diggin' your other tracks on SC while I'm typing this. I like the song with the female vocals.
cheers

can you tell me where on the counter you hear the auto tune. Would help me zoom in on where to focus adjusting it. Glad you like it and yes its very Tool influenced as it is one of my favorite artists. On the other song Blink with female vocalist I was trying to add something extra when the opportunity came about.

Back
Top Bottom