New 'Single-Coil' version of my 'Acoustic Simulator' Preset.

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Just added a new 'Single-Coil' version of my 'Acoustic Simulator' preset to the store.

I've Re-'Tweaked' and Re-'Tone Matched' it to work with 'Single-Coil' pickups.

Added the 'Tube-Pre' Amp block for 'warmth'. Added a 'GEQ' block with the '3 Band Console' type for easy EQ adjustments to tailor the sound for your guitar(s). Added an 'envelope' controlled 'Filter' block to reduce 'hiss' when not playing.

Created on an 'Axe-Fx ll - Mark 1' unit running Firmware Q6.00' using 'Dry' DI clips of several guitars with various 'Single-Coil' pickups.

A special thanks to @Smittefar, @rushfan, and @Burgs for their help supplying the 'DI' clips

There is a short audio clip by Brett Kingman aka @Burgs on the product page.

http://www.custompresets.com/store/...!!_-_For_Single-Coil_Pickups_(Axe-Fx_ll).html

EDIT.......The 'AX8' version is now in the store too!

Last edited:
Just added a new 'Single-Coil' version of my 'Acoustic Simulator' preset to the store.

I've Re-'Tweaked' and Re-'Tone Matched' it to work with 'Single-Coil' pickups.

Added the 'Tube-Pre' Amp block for 'warmth'. Added a 'GEQ' block with the '3 Band Console' type for easy EQ adjustments to tailor the sound for your guitar(s). Added an 'envelope' controlled 'Filter' block to reduce 'hiss' when not playing.

Created on an 'Axe-Fx ll - Mark 1' unit running Firmware Q6.00' using 'Dry' DI clips of several guitars with various 'Single-Coil' pickups.

A special thanks to @Smittefar, @rushfan, and @Burgs for their help supplying the 'DI' clips

There is a short audio clip by Brett Kingman aka @Burgs on the product page.

http://www.custompresets.com/store/...!!_-_For_Single-Coil_Pickups_(Axe-Fx_ll).html
hi, moke i want to buy your presets... euro payement is possible?thank

Thank Moke. Just purchased and really like the acoustic IR. Found the preset a bit "dark" for me and needed more attack so I modified your "envelope" to have boundaries of -5 to +5 rather than -10 to 0. I have also change the GEQ to a 10 band variable and boasted the 16K by +4dB just to add some "air". My FRFR speakers are KV2 ex10's.
These are very subtle changes. I'm finding a big change in tone when I move from my Dunlop Tortex .88mm to a Dunlop nylon .6 mm plectrum.

Last edited:
Thank Moke. Just purchased and really like the acoustic IR. Found the preset a but "dark" for me and needed more attack so I modified your "envelope" to have boundaries of -5 to +5 rather than -10 to 0. I have also change the GEQ to a 10 band variable and boasted the 16K by +4dB just to add some "air". My FRFR speakers are KV2 ex10's.
These are very subtle changes. I'm finding a big change in tone when I move from my Dunlop Tortex .88mm to a Dunlop nylon .6 mm plectrum.
Thanks Stratnvox.
I always get nervous using the 'Envelope' controller, as guitar output levels can vary greatly. I picked a happy medium based on the 'DI' clips that I used.

The 3 Band GEQ was just to keep it simple. I figured many would swap it out for something more sophisticated.

I noticed that a lighter pick definitely makes it sound more convincing.

Thanks for the purchase and for sharing your tips.................

Last edited:
IMG_2717.JPG
This is the guitar used to create the acoustic sounds. Partscaster with De Temple Sweet Spot vintage pups, D'Addario Pro Steel 13-56 strings. (I believe that without heavy strings, the chances of getting a convincing acoustic sounds from an electric guitar are greatly diminished. i have another guitar with the same pups but with 11-52 and it does not sound very good)
The audio sample was completed with full volume on the bridge pup.
Sections 1, 2, 3 and 5 had full tone while Section 4 had tone set at about 7. Track 4 was played with a capo on the 3rd fret in the Key of C.

Last edited:
View attachment 37073
(I believe that without heavy strings, the chances of getting a convincing acoustic sounds from an electric guitar are greatly diminished. i have another guitar with the same pups but with 11-52 and it does not sound very good)

I see what you mean - with lighter gauge strings you have to play extremely soft to maintain the tone of strumming an acoustic - but hey, I play my acoustic with 11's, so "Challenge Accepted" - Here is my strat (the one used for the clips I sent to @Moke) with 9s

I see what you mean - with lighter gauge strings you have to play extremely soft to maintain the tone of strumming an acoustic - but hey, I play my acoustic with 11's, so "Challenge Accepted" - Here is my strat (the one used for the clips I sent to @Moke) with 9s

Yes, that is very good and demonstrated much better with your playing.
Did your use the bridge pup for that demo? I'm currently experimenting with the neck and a blend of neck with a small amount of bridge. may be something better will happen.

Thanks for posting this Smittefar..:cool: Sounds like it's working pretty good for you.....And nice playing:)

Thanks for posting this Smittefar..:cool: Sounds like it's working pretty good for you.....And nice playing:)
@Smittefar ...Can you send me that clip? I would like to add that to the store (if you wouldn't mind?) I need more 'AX8' clips. I hope to finally have one by the end of the month?

Yes, that is very good and demonstrated much better with your playing.
Did your use the bridge pup for that demo? I'm currently experimenting with the neck and a blend of neck with a small amount of bridge. may be something better will happen.
Yes, I did use the bridge pickup. I am amazed myself by how good this tone match sounds.

It's in dropbox. When you paste dropbox links in the forum, they get to look like that.

I should say a little more about my process. When I first loaded the preset, it sounded a little dark/dull. So I followed the instructions, went to the GEQ block and added some treble and took out some bass. I also added a bit of mids in the ("tube pre") amp block. There is ducking of the highs, when not playing in the preset. That did not work so well with my strat. Rather than tweak, I chose to just turn it off.
I must also admit that I added a LA-3A compressor plugin (http://www.waves.com/plugins/cla-3a-compressor-limiter) in Reaper. In the interest of a preset demo, this was probably a bad idea, but I love it on everything guitar - especially acoustic.

Here is a new Modification for Strat Neck Up.
My Process was to reset the AMP block and use Saturation compression rather than INPUT (there is no noise gate as I find it suck some the transients of the attack.) Add 2.0 to output compression. Character is set "Peaking" at 3000, 0.707 and -5.
The FILTER has a range of -3 to +6 scale of 3.3, end of 62% The Shelf starts at 3000 with a Q of 0.4
GEQ uses 10 Band Var Q and set 16k to +3.6
The Levels receive a boost in several blocks to obtain about 0dB output on a full chord strum. There is no clipping.
The sample was recorded using Audacity and only amplification adjustment applied. The Multi compressor in the preset is sufficient.
Make, there will be a PM with this preset which you may use as you wish.

Back
Top Bottom