New shipments?

I think I will go on the dark side of the force over the weekend.... like Anakin Skywalker. :) There is no Obi Wan. No invite yet, the wait is overwhelming and I am losing internal battle. :(

I signed up on the 05/07/2020 and got my invite for the Axe 3 yesterday. Also, the Neural DSP products should hold you over until you receive your Axe. The Archetype Nolly is pretty killer!

I think I will go on the dark side of the force over the weekend.... like Anakin Skywalker. :) There is no Obi Wan. No invite yet, the wait is overwhelming and I am losing internal battle. :(
@Alek,
I only got to spend a few minutes with the axe during my lunch break and all I can say is wait. I haven’t even programmed any of my own presets and just started going through the factory presets. I used to own the Helix and the factory presets are between the two are night and day. In fact the factory presets are better than 90% of the tones I got from my helix. I only used it for 30 minutes or so and already considering selling my Mark V Mesa Boogie, although I probably will keep it. Not sure what you are going to be playing your Axe through but this thing on my Adam A7x studio monitors is a match made in heaven!

@Alek,
I only got to spend a few minutes with the axe during my lunch break and all I can say is wait. I haven’t even programmed any of my own presets and just started going through the factory presets. I used to own the Helix and the factory presets are between the two are night and day. In fact the factory presets are better than 90% of the tones I got from my helix. I only used it for 30 minutes or so and already considering selling my Mark V Mesa Boogie, although I probably will keep it. Not sure what you are going to be playing your Axe through but this thing on my Adam A7x studio monitors is a match made in heaven!

I've had my Axe FX III for a year and a half and just sold my Mark V with 2x12 cab a few weeks ago. It is an amazing tube amp, and it was an extremely difficult decision to make. But I came to the realization that I just don't need it anymore.

For anyone still keeping score, I joined the waitlist on May 16 and got my invite today. Very excited!

I joined the waitlist May 12th, received the invite Friday and ordered yesterday (June 1)

Quite disappointed at the shipping fees though. I ordered an Axe FX III in Dec 2018 and freight to Canada was $107.52. Just over a year later freight on the same item was jacked up to $175. I added a few expression pedals and freight went up to $221.82. We're talking around 10% of the item cost just for freight alone. In Canadian dollars this is $300 in freight!!! Not sure if this has anything to do with FAS or if it's UPS using Covid as an excuse to jack their fees? Either way it's brutal.

I joined the waitlist May 12th, received the invite Friday and ordered yesterday (June 1)

Quite disappointed at the shipping fees though. I ordered an Axe FX III in Dec 2018 and freight to Canada was $107.52. Just over a year later freight on the same item was jacked up to $175. I added a few expression pedals and freight went up to $221.82. We're talking around 10% of the item cost just for freight alone. In Canadian dollars this is $300 in freight!!! Not sure if this has anything to do with FAS or if it's UPS using Covid as an excuse to jack their fees? Either way it's brutal.

For reference my FM3 was $130CAD for shipping...but it got here in 2 days i think it was..

I just got mine FX III. Yes!!!! It has arrived. Also, don't forget that famous April 1, 2020 in Canada: we have to pay 50% of carbon tax for everyone on anything. Yay! :( ROFL.

I just got mine FX III. Yes!!!! It has arrived. Also, don't forget that famous April 1, 2020 in Canada: we have to pay 50% of carbon tax for everyone on anything. Yay! :( ROFL.

Is the carbon tax the reason for the massive increase in shipping? It's quite ridiculous how expensive it is now to ship across the border. Plus add the awful exchange rate and it makes you cry... I think FAS needs to expand and add a Canadian location. :)

In any case, you will love the AF3. If you haven't owned an Axe FX before, remember it takes time to get familiar with it. Once you get it under control, the flexibility you have over your tone will change everything. I've come up with my own personal killer tone, a blend of a Friedman HBE and a Mesa Mark IIC+. It took a while to get there but it's now my go to tone and I use it for almost everything I write. It makes me smile every time I pick up the guitar and start playing. And when I want to experiment I have a whole collection of other amps to play with... :)

I think FAS needs to expand and add a Canadian location. :)

We have one, which its why we need to charge tax on Canadian orders.
(If we didn't you'd be seeing rates much higher, and you'd be paying brokerage fees as well. )

We have one, which its why we need to charge tax on Canadian orders.
(If we didn't you'd be seeing rates much higher, and you'd be paying brokerage fees as well. )

You ship all hardware from the US though? I assumed the $200+ in freight included brokerage.

I meant a physical location with inventory... :)

You ship all hardware from the US though? I assumed the $200+ in freight included brokerage.

I meant a physical location with inventory... :)
That's really good idea, but we do not know if this works out for the actual company, who knows how much would they have to pay in Canadian taxes? LOL. In regards to 50%+ on carbon tax.... well, it is shipped using vehicles which use gasoline (this is simplified), so shipping is more expensive + COVID and I guess that's why such a big raise in price. Now go to a store and take a look at the food prices, all is up. Think about it: every single piece in this chain of food distribution is being taxed, starting with farmers that use all these vehicles to get crops, then that goes into a factory (that uses natural gas, so they pay it, too) to prepare the food for a store, transport it again to a food store (and food store owner has to pay for it)..... do you think that a store owner will amortize the carbon tax for us? I think not :). So, you and I pay for it five times.... We pay carbon tax for each product we buy, then we pay sales tax on top of that (tax on tax) with your an my money that is being taxed already (tax on tax on tax). Lol. But I digress... sorry I had it in me.... I made this break, my finger started to hurt, just got FX III and it is so much fun!!!!!! I am still on the first preset lol

That's really good idea, but we do not know if this works out for the actual company, who knows how much would they have to pay in Canadian taxes? LOL. In regards to 50%+ on carbon tax.... well, it is shipped using vehicles which use gasoline (this is simplified), so shipping is more expensive + COVID and I guess that's why such a big raise in price. Now go to a store and take a look at the food prices, all is up. Think about it: every single piece in this chain of food distribution is being taxed, starting with farmers that use all these vehicles to get crops, then that goes into a factory (that uses natural gas, so they pay it, too) to prepare the food for a store, transport it again to a food store (and food store owner has to pay for it)..... do you think that a store owner will amortize the carbon tax for us? I think not :). So, you and I pay for it five times.... We pay carbon tax for each product we buy, then we pay sales tax on top of that (tax on tax) with your an my money that is being taxed already (tax on tax on tax). Lol. But I digress... sorry I had it in me.... I made this break, my finger started to hurt, just got FX III and it is so much fun!!!!!! I am still on the first preset lol

I’m watching the shipment tracking and they went right past the border where I live and sent it over 500 miles southwest. So clearly fuel costs will be high if they ship it all over the country first. 😉

I’m watching the shipment tracking and they went right past the border where I live and sent it over 500 miles southwest. So clearly fuel costs will be high if they ship it all over the country first. 😉

For the sake of reference, I just got a quote on sending a large, bulkier and heavier speaker cabinet from Matrix Amplification and here's their quote for shipping it to my location in Canada:
  • UPS Standard US $46.63
  • UPS Worldwide Expedited US $81.56
  • UPS Worldwide Saver US $99.17
A fraction of the $175 in freight to ship an 11lb Axe FX III. Perhaps there would be brokerage fees involved though... If so, Matt please correct me as I don't want to spread inaccurate information.

For the sake of reference, I just got a quote on sending a large, bulkier and heavier speaker cabinet from Matrix Amplification and here's their quote for shipping it to my location in Canada:
  • UPS Standard US $46.63
  • UPS Worldwide Expedited US $81.56
  • UPS Worldwide Saver US $99.17
A fraction of the $175 in freight to ship an 11lb Axe FX III. Perhaps there would be brokerage fees involved though... If so, Matt please correct me as I don't want to spread inaccurate information.
Most of that is taxes/duties/etc.

Back
Top Bottom