New Setup! FM3 into Red Sound MF10

Is this the MF 10 Stereo bundle? I just ordered mine today.....
Yeah, it's the Stereo Bundle, only the right speaker has a power amp, the left is just passive, powered by the right speaker. So far it sounds great but I haven't been able to play it at full volume, just in my apartment.

Got some amazing cleans out of the Dumble, Shiva and Two Rock. Friedmans are just glorious. Haven't tried my 7 string yet.

Haven't tried my 7 string yet.
I use an 8 string. Pretty good test for an MF.10 because if you told me years ago I’d be using a 10” speaker for my low tunings I prob wouldn’t believe you. It’s perfect. The low resonance is just right for guitar, no matter how low you tune. Plenty of punch and I’m high passing around 80-100 hz anyway

Last edited:
So, if one of those speakers is passive, you won't get extra output level by using a stereo pair, is that right?
You'd have to buy two actives ones (€300 more).

So, if one of those speakers is passive, you won't get extra output level by using a stereo pair, is that right?
You'd have to buy two actives ones (€300 more).
I may be wrong, but I think the powered one of the pair has another amp channel specifically for the second (unpowered) cab, so when you have the pair, you have more power available.

Someone who actually owns them can confirm.

This is the setup I'm running and loving also. The Poweramp on the active MF10 has 2 separate inputs and a speakon out to the passive cab. My understanding is that the Poweramp is 2 channel so you get twice the power but 8ve not confirmed this. My presets are pretty low in volume, fm3 output is about 1pm for rehearsal and gig with a rock band, No second guitarist though, MF10 volume is on 8 of 10 and its way loud enough with plenty in reserve.

Live I run these as backline and a line to the desk for FOH.

Really happy with sound and feel.

Yeah, it's the Stereo Bundle, only the right speaker has a power amp, the left is just passive, powered by the right speaker. So far it sounds great but I haven't been able to play it at full volume, just in my apartment.

Got some amazing cleans out of the Dumble, Shiva and Two Rock. Friedmans are just glorious. Haven't tried my 7 string yet.
Thanks. My MF 10s get delivered this Thursday. Can't wait.

I am using one new Red Sound MF10 for right with one of my trusty Atomic NEO CLR for left and am loving this combination big time. They compliment each other fabulously to produce a great full sound with bottom, mids and well-defined top end. Happy!

I may be wrong, but I think the powered one of the pair has another amp channel specifically for the second (unpowered) cab, so when you have the pair, you have more power available.

Someone who actually owns them can confirm.
If it is a stereo setup, it would have to be two amp channels....

Isn't that what it is?
Stereo when you have two cabs?
If not,
a) why have two inputs?
b) if it's not, I'll cross it off my list of gear I might consider wanting
You can run two cabs off a single power amp, and set them on opposite sides of the stage, but it's mono. To be stereo, you need a stereo input, two power amps, and two speakers. From what I have heard, the MF10 has a second power amp going to a Speakon jack for driving the passive speaker, so you get stereo, with the input cabling and likely also any controls on the unit being conveniently located on one side and just a Speakon cable going to the other.

I was confirming that it must have a separate amp channel to be stereo, albeit too quickly and with too little explanation....

I am using one new Red Sound MF10 for right with one of my trusty Atomic NEO CLR for left and am loving this combination big time. They compliment each other fabulously to produce a great full sound with bottom, mids and well-defined top end. Happy!
Love it!

Dang. Maybe I’ll have to get a pair now. I am in a different place where the MF10 would work nicely.

Even when I try to avoid GAS it sneaks up on me.

Last edited:
…the MF10 has a second power amp going to a Speakon jack for driving the passive speaker, so you get stereo, with the input cabling and likely also any controls on the unit being conveniently located on one side and just a Speakon cable going to the other.

Trying to understand and maybe clarify … The ELIS.8 use a stereo power amp, so I’m pretty sure the same is true of the MF10. One channel goes to the internal speaker, the second goes to the speakon output for the other speaker. I don’t think they’re separate amps.

I really liked the sound of the ELIS.8 pair I had. I’m tempted by the MF10s.

Back
Top Bottom