New Satriani album coming

I really liked the single, after a few spins. I was wondering (but have been too lazy to research) if he used his new AmpliTube signature set up on or if it's still all "real amps."

I havent listened to a full album of his in years, and used to love them. He is best live. HOwever , this quite rocks, hopefully more of similar!
The last few albums have been really good... For a few years before that I felt they were kind of lacking in inspiration.

He mentioned that he recorded some ideas with amplitube, then the sound engineer said they should just keep the tracks, bc they sound good.
Which track and which songs? They know. At least he is ok with the latency.

Joe has the best tone IMO. And consistently, for several decades. No mean feat. Musically he's sometimes boring, but there are at least a couple of tracks on each album that I can listen to on repeat, which is more than I can say about just about any other guitarist. My favorite "instrumental" player of all time.

Joe has the best tone IMO. And consistently, for several decades. No mean feat. Musically he's sometimes boring, but there are at least a couple of tracks on each album that I can listen to on repeat, which is more than I can say about just about any other guitarist. My favorite "instrumental" player of all time.
I agree that he is able to keep things interesting tonally, I saw him live a few years ago and he sounded amazing. That being said, I listened to a few of the older albums on a road trip a couple months ago and thought that a lot of the older recordings haven't held up that well. I was actually kind of surprised, but tonally it sounded very lame / dated to me.

NeoSound. Why do all of the videos you posted say video unavailable when I click on them?

I just posted a video on the Allan Holdsworth thread that shows up fine.

NeoSound. Why do all of the videos you posted say video unavailable when I click on them?

I'm not sure unless they are region locked?

I see the player here, and it will play in its own window within the thread when I click it.

I'm on an iMac. Just curious, are you posting the video from a phone or your computer?
If I go straight to YouTube and find the video and click on it from YouTube it works, but not from the links posted on the forum.

Last edited:

Common issue... There was a thread on it a while back.

If you click video title instead I think it should open.

Back
Top Bottom