New Router/Switcher/Mixer from FAMC

javajunkie

U2JustMe - YouTube

My switchblade is getting a little long in the tooth. This looks like the absolute perfect replacement for me. I've been waiting for something like this for a long while.

Cool.

Although I'm glad my rig is limited to the Axe-Fx and doesn't require such a device.

I wouldn't mind having those Up/Down edit keys on the Axe-Fx. Work just as well as the encoder wheel, without the failure rate.

I'm constantly rotating things in and out. I have an h8000 for presets where I need a little more cpu. And with tone matching, playing with analog stuff, and MOAEE A/Bing this is just perfect. The switchblade is not fun to program from the panel and I have redo my midi routing every time I uses the editor for it.

Reactions: yek
Yeah, it will allow you to plug the guitar straight into it , buffered or unbuffered. You can route things before axe-fx, after, in the loop, in parallel or all of the above :0)

Very nice. I have been using a Switchblade for years. It is an awesome piece of gear. I was thinking about doing a Lemur template to turn it into a 16x16 rackmount mixer controllable from my iPad. Hopefully the FAMC product will have documented and robust midi support. It looks like a perfect solution for complex rack setups.

The Switchblade has been a remarkably stable product for many years. I'll be curious to see how FAMC does with this and where he takes it beyond doing what the SB can already do. Making a product do more is one thing, making it do it in such a way that it's actually practical, easy to use and stable is another story all together (stable and easy to use are not words that first come to mind when I think of FAMC products). That said, the mail man just dropped a used LF JR on my lap.........this will be my second go-round with a JR. The first time made me want to punch babies, hopefully I'm more patient this time. lol

p

I was just looking at this the other day and no video was up so interested to check this out. The possibilities seem great if you need to route various things.

actually the lf+ products are pretty darn easy with the editor.

Yeah, if I still can't stand the JR I might have to make the leap up to the JR+. The JR has the functionality to do all I want, there's no reason it shouldn't work for me. I don't know how many more updates got done between when I got rid of my first one and when he changed to the + series, but hopefully it's a bit more stable. When I had it you never knew what would happen when you hooked up the editor........although you could usually assume that it would delete all your data at the least. lol

Yeah, if I still can't stand the JR I might have to make the leap up to the JR+. The JR has the functionality to do all I want, there's no reason it shouldn't work for me. I don't know how many more updates got done between when I got rid of my first one and when he changed to the + series, but hopefully it's a bit more stable. When I had it you never knew what would happen when you hooked up the editor........although you could usually assume that it would delete all your data at the least. lol

You're probably gonna want to get a Jr+, LOL! The new editor alone makes it worth it for the very reasons you mention. Things are MUCH more stable on the LF+ platform.

Hey Peter, remember our AxeFx hang at your studio/rehearsal space? I often think back on it fondly. We were all Axe Fest when Axe Fest wasn't cool!

Can't wait to check out this new router! Sounds awesome.

Brad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom