New Roland processor

This one is even cooler!

For a small desktop unit, that's not bad at all. Compared to the old Line 6 kidney bean POD's, I'd pick this one any day of the week (and that's coming from a Line 6 fan). Not a fan of the GP10 though. Never cared for any of their floor units, and that ergonomic eye-sore of a midi interface is just...gag. Talk about a way to kill the beauty of a guitar?

My $0.02 worth.

I dunno... $499 with the pickup seems pretty well priced. Guitar to MIDI converter, Acoustic/Sitar/Banjo etc simulations, record each string of your guitar on a seperate track (with seperate processing). What a freaking awesome tool for not a lot of money.

SOS (same old shit) repackaged, I got tired of this technology more than a decade ago. They really need to move on.

Still waiting for someone to take a guitar midi interface to the next level. Thought that would be Axon (love the AX100) but that company crapped the bed. Any chance FAS would get into this market?

Yes I'm a cork-sniffin Axe-Fx fanboy, but the sounds Lukather demos on this thing are terrible. Sorry Roland.. FAIL!

The 001 sounds I thought were pretty good - after the initial attack, which seemed 'digitally' compressed, though perhaps that was the patches Lukather was given or that he created quickly.

Back
Top Bottom