NEW! Rivera 2x12 open back EVM-12L UltraRes "CabPack"

PerChr

Experienced
Hi!

Here is the new, correctly captured UltraRes "CabPack" of my Rivera 2x12 cab loaded with EVM-12L's.
Made with Axe-Fx II and Cab-Lab.
I have also added .syx files for XL and XL+ :)

Preamp : Great River ME-1NV

Microphones:
57 : Shure SM57
SM7 : Shure SM7B
PR30 : Heil PR-30
C451 : AKG C 451E w/ CK 1 capsule
NT1 : Røde NT1

Variations:
OX : Off-axis
Ld : Great River "Loading" button engaged
( Ld gives a slight variation in mids/highs)

Mic.positions:
01 : Cap Center
02 : Cap Edge
03 : Cone
04 : Cone Edge

SM57 , C451E , PR-30 and NT1 ca 1-2 cm from front grill
SM7B as close as possible.

Get it here :
May 14, 2018 : Link removed, sorry... A new and improved version might be shared sometime in the future.

Last edited:
Note: There are also Axe-Fx II UR .syx in the folders with the .IR Raw-files.... so, everybody with a Axe-Fx II can check them also out!

;)

Thank you for the positive feedback :)

It would be nice to hear from more of you who have downloaded the IR's.:encouragement:

I plan to give them a go this weekend... Will provide feedback afterwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PerChr, thank you for recording and sharing these! I'll download them tonight and try and post some feedback. EV's are quickly turning into my favorite speakers. My whole amp playing life, I've been a Fender guy, aside from a short time with a Dr. Z. The AF2 has turned me on to whole new genres of amps, and I've come to really like the Dumble types, and some of the more modern amps- my favs are the Carol Anns. I would have never thought! Along with this has been a growing appreciation for speakers that distort less, and that provide a bolder sound with less signature, and the EVs, to me at least, seem to provide this. I'm really glad to have access to these IRs- thanks again!

I've tried just the sm57 IRs so far... Sound nice! I'll be trying the others when I get some time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback and constructive critique are most welcome.:encouragement:

Personally I like several of them, positions 02 and 03 being my single IR favorites.
They blend nicely with a lot of the factory cabs, OH and CK's too.

I have now ordered a Beyerdynamic M 160, will shoot some more IR's when it arrives.
They will be shared with you too :)

Here's a SM57 mix I made today.

To me it sounds nice and full.

Attachments

• Per's Rivera 2x12L SM57 MIX.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Per's Rivera 2x12L SM57 MIX_XL.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Per's Rivera 2x12L SM57 MIX_XLPlus.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Back