New Rig Build

The Tone Doctor

Veteran rig builder here. Thought id share my personal rig. Great tones with tube power amp and ttaditional cabs. I have flat response mods for the mesa power amp if anyone wants them. I developed a nice flat yet percussive and warm tube power amp with the revised circuitry/mods. ABS rack chosen for weight savings. Aphex 104 adds nice on the fly resonance control and is very musical. Upgraded to Burr Brown Op Amps. Controlled with a Bradshaw RSB-18 foot controller.

The Tone Doctor
Houston TX

Attachments

• 20190729_172844.jpg
    20190729_172844.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 110
How does your roadie feel about that rack? :)

Kidding aside, I used to run a GSP-2101 into a Boogie 50/50 - some of the tones I got were magnificent!

Your roadie probably hates you. And since your roadie is probably you your back hates you as well. :tonguewink:

I love that rack though. It lacks awesome and I hope it gives you joy. I've always loved big racks. Racks for the Rack God! 19" gear for the Rack Throne! It always used to be a big dream of mine to build and play with a big rack. And once I finally had one it was so big I could hardly lift it. Nor did I have a band to play it with. It's now gathering dust in my storage room of the building I live in. At the very least I want it in my living room as the work of art that it is. But I live on the 3rd floor (4th for you Americans) in a building with no elevators. And my friends tell me to f*** off when I ask them to help lift it. So I make do with an Axe-FX instead.

Back
Top Bottom