New Reverb Demo

Any chance you'd share that patch Cliff? Sounds great! Interested in how you are using the rotary effect.

I didn't save it. Not much too it. All knobs at default on the amp block. I used the 2x12 Double Verb Mix and 2x12 Double Verb M160 (UR) in stereo with 0.05 ms offset on the first one. I should mention the beta firmware allows UltraRes cabs in stereo now.

I set the Rotary slow and with a low mix. The Depth parameters were set pretty low as I was trying to emulate a Fender Rotothingy (forget what they're called). A tiny bit of Delay and then the Reverb. Everything in series.

I only put a couple minutes into the patch creation. I think people overthink it. Just grab the amp model you want, pair it up with some appropriate cabs and go. Adjust the desired gain and level and play.

I didn't save it. Not much too it. All knobs at default on the amp block. I used the 2x12 Double Verb Mix and 2x12 Double Verb M160 (UR) in stereo with 0.05 ms offset on the first one. I should mention the beta firmware allows UltraRes cabs in stereo now.

I set the Rotary slow and with a low mix. The Depth parameters were set pretty low as I was trying to emulate a Fender Rotothingy (forget what they're called). A tiny bit of Delay and then the Reverb. Everything in series.

I only put a couple minutes into the patch creation. I think people overthink it. Just grab the amp model you want, pair it up with some appropriate cabs and go. Adjust the desired gain and level and play.

Thanks Cliff. Just bought the XL 2 weeks ago and still trying to figure it all out. So far I'm amazed!

Sounds good. Would like to hear it without the backing track. I thought that rim shot was also through the new reverb and was about to say that the guitar sounds much better and the rim shot sounds bad. Looking forward to 16.03.

Sounds great Cliff, I really look forward to hearing the improved reverb block on my own presets.
Also UltraRES stereo cabs are great - love it.

Thanks for continuing your search for perfection with the Axe Fx and for listening to the customer base and giving the effects tweaks and updates.

Love this.

- Simplifies the grid.
- Takes up slightly less CPU than two UR cabs.
- Makes it easy to switch the cabs in all presets between mono and stereo when using a global Cab block.

If only Pete Thorn could make a UR of his PTir... I could start using UR cabs too :)

Stereo cabs is great news anyhow you put it... And the reverb sounds outstanding.

Fender Vibratone?
Also, I agree about the overthinking. I spend most of my patch creation time into the cab choice, and even that has been reduced since I've narrowed down my preferred cab list. I do very little tweaking of parameters other than the basic ones. I subscribe to the Warren Haynes school of amp choice technique: all tone controls at noon, set gain to taste. If that produces a usable tone, the amp's a keeper, and should only need minor adjustments - if not then move on to the next one! *LOL*

What happens today if you use ultra-res in the a single cab block as stereo? Does it just ignore the ultra-res part of the IR?

FINALLY !!! that's why i love fractal ! you guys listen to us :):):):)

with all of the new reverb pedals coming out at the moment (like the BIGSKY for instance)
the reverbs we get in the AFX were starting sound a little thin and less flattering in comparison

thank you sooo much for raising the bar on the fx side (especially reverb)
would love to see the day the AXE replaces the pedals I still need to use with it
(warped vinyl/vibe machine/rmc wah/Keeley Neutrino/bigsky/cali76/klon/kingbee/Microtubes Vintage and the newly aquired clarksdale)

i would happily pay for the new algorithms :)

I think people overthink it. Just grab the amp model you want, pair it up with some appropriate cabs and go. Adjust the desired gain and level and play.

By keeping things simple I've been achieving outstanding results since my start with the Ultra at v11.0.

Great news regarding stereo UltraRes cabs in one block BTW! :)

thanks a lot Cliff and team for those continuous improvements and customer oriented attitude.
THe AFX2 is by far my best investment in music gear (a never ending story for other gears than the AFX...)

I'm delighting in advance for that new coming release, as usual.

And I fully agree with Cliff: I use it very simply with AMP, CAB (often 2 Ures in stereo) and reverb. Add delay for lead and that's it. Some fuzz drive block when needed.
So good in that simple way to taste the amps flavor and tone. The rest in the fingers (so poor I am on this side...and update process is very long !!).

Back
Top Bottom