New reverb, delays modeled or presets?

Heavyplayer

Experienced
I'm curious if these new goodies we have are actually modeled after or based on (insert name here) or they just technically presets? And could we get more info on these if their modeled? I see delays in the block library with the same name of the block itself which doesn't make much sense to me as its already saved. Out of curiosity any particular reason for doing it this way? Why not have lots of presets in the block library than a whole list of different types.

I'm curious if these new goodies we have are actually modeled after or based on (insert name here) or they just technically presets? And could we get more info on these if their modeled? I see delays in the block library with the same name of the block itself which doesn't make much sense to me as its already saved. Out of curiosity any particular reason for doing it this way? Why not have lots of presets in the block library than a whole list of different types.
I did 3 types in the multitap delay. Both PCM70s are based on the actual hardware. The 1210 type is based on TCs own 1210 plugin, which is really, really good. I think @simeon did the AH types?

TYPES are stored in the hardware.
The LIBRARY is a collection of files on your computer. They are unique to you. You may add your own, delete, rename.

As for "modeled"vs "just presets"...

Half-hidding aside, some TYPES are very close emulations of specific originals, others are :inspired by" and yet others are complete originals.

I know what LIBRARY collection is .....and the different "types" are in my library collect as well as labeled type.
That's why I asked if they were modeled or just presets. So is the "type" A.H supposed to be modeling the UDstomp?

I was curious about the same thing, if delay Xyz is a unique model or if it’s just taking delay ABC and setting the parameters to a certain value they sounds characteristic of XYZ?

I know with the amp models it’s not just the same underlying model with like a different bass, mid, treble setting and calling it a different amp, it’s actually modeled on the circuit of the respective amp, but how are the effects blocks done these days ?

I know what LIBRARY collection is .....and the different "types" are in my library collect as well as labeled type.
That's why I asked if they were modeled or just presets. So is the "type" A.H supposed to be modeling the UDstomp?
You specifically mentioned having delays in the block library with the same names:
I see delays in the block library with the same name of the block itself which doesn't make much sense to me as its already saved.
How would anyone else know what names YOU used in your block library or how they compare to the delay types?

Left is Delay "TYPES" ....Right is Library. Either it's a modeled delay TYPE or it's again a preset of someone trying to emulating another delay unit. IF it's a preset then I'm fine with it being in the library. But it's labeled under TYPES as well. So if it's modeling ( as an example) UDstomp it should be something else instead of A.H Clean etc as its already saved in the library.
Multi delay types.png

I see there is a small change in the two. Like panning. Again just seems like presets and not modeling the actual unit in question.

I think they took some blocks that people had created ("modeled") that sounded like a particular style/unit and made them TYPES so that we could more easily select them without using the block system. I welcome this change as I sometimes edit directly on the unit and blocks can't be recalled from there. Now if there were a way to save blocks on the unit that may be even better, but this is a great upgrade for all those reverbs and delay effects.

Blocks that several users created using the existing effect types were implemented into the firmware as new effect types. Some of them were created with extensive measurement and analysis of hardware devices while some are original creations.

Since the blocks library is a feature of Axe-Edit only, there was previously no way to recall these settings using the hardware alone.

I think they took some blocks that people had created ("modeled") that sounded like a particular style/unit and made them TYPES so that we could more easily select them without using the block system. I welcome this change as I sometimes edit directly on the unit and blocks can't be recalled from there. Now if there were a way to save blocks on the unit that may be even better, but this is a great upgrade for all those reverbs and delay effects.
This is pretty much what I was getting at. Thanks. I'm all for presets of others trying to emulate a model of (insert name). My whole thing I guess is it's seems we're getting presets now (which again is fine) instead of modeling the actual unit itself.

Blocks that several users created using the existing effect types were implemented into the firmware as new effect types. Some of them were created with extensive measurement and analysis of hardware devices while some are original creations.

Since the blocks library is a feature of Axe-Edit only, there was previously no way to recall these settings using the hardware alone.
Now that makes sense! Didn't think of AxeEdit and only using the front panel. Thanks man!

Left is Delay "TYPES" ....Right is Library. Either it's a modeled delay TYPE or it's again a preset of someone trying to emulating another delay unit. IF it's a preset then I'm fine with it being in the library. But it's labeled under TYPES as well. So if it's modeling ( as an example) UDstomp it should be something else instead of A.H Clean etc as its already saved in the library.
View attachment 90988

Now that makes sense! Didn't think of AxeEdit and only using the front panel. Thanks man!
To reiterate, there's nothing in your blocks library except what you put in it. These are saved blocks or channels that can be named whatever you think is appropriate.

My guess is you downloaded someone else's saved blocks and added them to your library? And these may by ones that the configured types were based on.

I really like the idea of effect 'presets', tweaked by those with specific access and knowledge of the original hardware, using existing 'models'. As well as new 'models' of effects that are sufficiently unique and different than others.

To make this distinction clearer, maybe the 'Presets' could be a sub-directory under the 'Model' used to create it?

Back
Top Bottom