New Recording, Strat + JCM900, Pop/Rock-Tune

merlin17

Power User
Hi!

This time of the year again, did some playbacks for the annual local musical.

This song has two guitar parts, one single-note delay line (delay and panning done in mixing with SoundToys Echoboy/ PanMan, just to have control til the end - could have been done with the Axe, too; second is a powerchord rhythm guitar, also with an Echoboy widening delay (IMO also possible within the Axe).

Hope you like it!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1121856
(Ich wollte haette wuerde)

Classy and solid production / arrangement.

Gotta admit that the single note run gets on my nerves somewhere after the intro. Maybe just use it for the chorus? ;)

It's always astounding what the Axe can do. ;-)
I tried to match the SoundToys PanMan with the Ultra's Pan/Tremolo Block but that didn't work...
I set the PanMan to do an 8th note panning with 4 hard steps and that option is not available in the Ultra's Panner.
BUT: it works brilliantly when I use (e.g.) a Filter block and attach its Balance parameter to the Sequencer which I set to 4 stages (0, 33, 66, 100), tempo to 8ths (140bpm).
Great! Thanx Cliff for these possibilities!

great sound. awesome delay. piano way too loud. song got a bit gay at 54 secs. but over all pretty good.

SAGA, yeah, now that you mention it...

The delay is simple: dotted 8ths at tempo 140 (the played notes are 8ths), no filtering, about the same level as the direct signal, one repeat (an old trick I first heard from Albert Lee).
What makes it more interesting is the panner (before the delay), see explanation some posts above.

Thanx for the kind words BTW!!

The piano way too loud? IMO no.
BTW: This is a backing track, there will be actors singing live over it...

Back
Top Bottom