New RCF NX12s—My personal monitor shootout

Thanks for the clarification, Gianfranco. I'm still skeptical about speaker break-in, though. I've never seen a study that demonstrated how a use-induced change in material resulted in a measurable change in speaker response. I've heard people's claims that they hear a difference, but in my experience, people who hear these kinds of changes, or those who can hear differences between hi-fi cables, lose the ability to do so reliably in a blind test, where they don't know which speaker or cable is "supposed to" sound better.

I feel bad about hijacking the OP's thread like this. If this goes much further, maybe future discussion should be in a separate thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification, Gianfranco. I'm still skeptical about speaker break-in, though.
I feel bad about hijacking the OP's thread like this. If this oges much further, maybe future discussion should be in a separate thread.
:0
You're right Rex, I realize we're using this space as if it were ours. This is what happens when I miss the whole picture... LOL
Apologize :)
Nice discussion tho, and I know what you mean. But, among pretenders, there's sometime someone good ;D

Krcassid, have you ever uploaded / shared some of these presets? Would you be kind enough to share one or two? I may not be as obsessed as you seem to be for acoustic sounds, but I would like a very good acoustic guitar preset and haven't had much luck yet with my Ultra. I don't know if you use a gen I or a gen II Axe, but either way, I'd love to see what you've done in your signal chain to achieve good acoustic presets.

Thanks!

I just uploaded a couple acoustic presets to the Preset Forum. They aren't rocket science. But, I think the methodology is important.

Back
Top Bottom