New Project - Our Heartbeat is One

Genghis

Power User
I wanted to announce a project that I am getting involved helping a close friend with an album that is about cultural diversity and unity. This is something I am behind 111% and want to spread the word. Quick intro with a link at the bottom.

My story:
Moved to SoCal at 23 to check out the big stages. Loved playing the gigs, the energy of performing and fighting it out in the clubs. I didn't fit into the circus that surrounded that scene at all and decided to move on and make music for fun and do something else for money. Part of my recovery from the damages involved learning sbout yoga, meditation, thai chi, and of course leaving behind the drugs snd alcohol that I had been doing to try to fit that scene.

Long story short, I was blessed to be in a position that allowed me to move back to my home town in 2016 with my work from home programming job in order to help my mom during the last couple of years of her life. She passed about three weeks after my uncle took his own life. I was again blessed to have the resources to buy his house so that his son with Down Syndrome would not have to go into any "system" home, and could continue the good life he has with family. Another good thing about this is that I have been able to convert my uncle's woodworking shop into the studio I always dreamed of. (The benefit of renting myself out to corporate 'Murica) i have also been able to support cousin Shawn who has a natural love of music by pulling him into the process and recording a handful of songs in which he sings spontaneous and straight from the heart.

Anna's story:
Grew up in the same small town I did. In her teens she struggled with despression very early on. As a last resort her parents decided to try acupuncture. It made such an impact on her that she wanted to learn more about natural healing and medicine. She has traveled the world learning from many cultures. The proceeds from this project are going to go toward supporting many of these indigenous people she learned from. (And I'm really not posting this to solicit support, but to raise awareness of something I am proud to be a part of.)

For more on that, check out the following link, since she just announced my involvement in it:

https://www.patreon.com/ourheartbeat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom