New prog rock double album, with ML Sound cabs, Quantum, and 9-string guitars

Poparad

Power User
The third album for my prog rock band, Axon-Neuron, just came out today. It's been a long process recording it, but I did the guitars last, so I was able to use Quantum 1.0 into the takes. The second track on this, "Euclid," was one of Mikko's winning tracks for his cab pack contest a few months ago.

I ended up using ML Sound cabs for all of the heavy/dirty/distorted stuff (factory tweed cabs for cleans). The bass is also all AxeFx, using the OwnHammer bass cabs (played on a Carvin LB76). My main guitar on this is my headless 9-string Xen. The other guitarist plays on an Ernie Ball Wolfgang.

Here's the whole album, which is 16 tracks and has a 21-piece orchestra on several tracks:

And some tracks:

<- This guy. Pretty much everything in there (other than improvised solos) I wrote note for note. Finally putting my music composition degree to good use. :oops:

Good for you, man. Studying composition in today's day and age is a true blessing and a curse - ahahahaha! I met a few of you Ohio cats out in Germany when I was studying with Samuel Adler. Who did you study with?

Good for you, man. Studying composition in today's day and age is a true blessing and a curse - ahahahaha! I met a few of you Ohio cats out in Germany when I was studying with Samuel Adler. Who did you study with?

Nobody famous; just some local professors. You're right about it being a blessing and a curse. One the one hand, I was exposed to a lot of cool, interesting music. On the other hand, I was exposed to a lot of biased prejudices about what is "good and proper" music and what' not (hint: electric guitar is never good nor proper). Took a while to shake off the baggage, but I've been digging into writing a lot more in recent years.

Nobody famous; just some local professors. You're right about it being a blessing and a curse. One the one hand, I was exposed to a lot of cool, interesting music. On the other hand, I was exposed to a lot of biased prejudices about what is "good and proper" music and what' not (hint: electric guitar is never good nor proper). Took a while to shake off the baggage, but I've been digging into writing a lot more in recent years.

Well that sucks. Sure, I ran into my fair share of snobbery. But Hell, Samuel Adler was the first person to ever tell me about Meshuggah. LOL

By the way, do you have any of your stuff online? I really dig Adler, and I'm sure if you studied with him, you've probably got some cool works.

By the way, do you have any of your stuff online? I really dig Adler, and I'm sure if you studied with him, you've probably got some cool works.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the chamber music I've written uploaded anywhere. My story is a a bit funky. Shortly after coming home from FUBiS I started getting very sickly, and then my wife almost died, and it turns out I'm a celiac - runs in the family. And my wife and I both have (legitimate) fibroymalgia. So after accruing a bunch of medical bills we moved to Idaho and stayed with some family for a bit and totally picked up the pieces. I only REALLY started getting back into writing seriously over the last few years. I'm way better, of course. I've got both of my diseases managed and I'm way more active artistically. But yeah it kind of took the piss out of me for a bit. LOL

Sounds great.
Everything works so well and the overall sound is awesome.

Congratulations on something to be really proud of.

Back
Top Bottom