New prog fusion song "Puppy Feet Girl"

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
New experimental proggy fusion (or however you want to call it) song I have been working on for the last weeks. Not completely finished yet. Still needs some mixing and mastering. I play bass, guitar and synths on this one. Guitars are all through Axe fx II. Hope you like it! Let me know.

I think the tonality in a couple parts does make me think a bit of Primus or even more Consider the Source. However the core bass part has a much more Michael League (Snarky Puppy) vibe. I dig it...

The bass sounds are excellent and overall I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the comments guys. I understand the Primus comparison. Is it the puppies? Or is it the six string bass? :) Love Claypool.

I think the tonality in a couple parts does make me think a bit of Primus or even more Consider the Source. However the core bass part has a much more Michael League (Snarky Puppy) vibe. I dig it...

The bass sounds are excellent and overall I enjoyed it.

I had to look up Consider the Source. Never heard of them. I like the world music vibes. That's something that is always present in my music too so I can see the connection there. Reminds me a bit of an instrumental trio that I played in a long time ago.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. I understand the Primus comparison. Is it the puppies? Or is it the six string bass? :) Love Claypool.

I had to look up Consider the Source. Never heard of them. I like the world music vibes. That's something that is always present in my music too so I can see the connection there. Reminds me a bit of an instrumental trio that I played in a long time ago.
The guitarist plays a double neck with fretted and fretless plus a guitar synth and also piezo I think.

He has 5 cables running from his guitar!

Very nice, seeing as others have given a comparison, how about Ozric Tentacles.

Ozric is great! Not a direct inspiration for this song but I have listened it a lot in the past.

It's funny how people compare it to all kind of different bands.

Really cool Avatar you have btw! What movie is that?

Last edited:
Different...Enjoyed listening to it-was curious as to how many tracks you used?

I am not sure exactly but I used many tracks because every sound and part is on a different track.

I just finished a new track this week where I used maybe 20 bass tracks. It is only bass and drums.

And a bit of Billy Cobham/Jan Hammer.
You create great stuff.

Absolutely LOVE your stuff... always have! Keep em coming!

Thanks man! Good to hear in this bizarre times...

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951 version)

ok thanks. I have just watched some fragments of that movie. Really like it. Have to watch the whole movie.

And a bit of Billy Cobham/Jan Hammer.
You create great stuff.

Really like Billy Cobham a lot! Was listening again a lot to him this week actually. I especially like his 70's albums and off course all the Mahavishnu stuff. Although it was not a direct influence for this song I get what you are saying.

Back
Top Bottom