New Presets for Quantum 2.01 or later...

Tons of cool stuff here, but I'm honestly surprised at how low the Master Volume settings are on a lot of these- maybe I'm just a psycho, but I'll usually turn the master up to at least 5, even up to values of 7 on some high gain amps.

Gotta hear the amp scream!

Tons of cool stuff here, but I'm honestly surprised at how low the Master Volume settings are on a lot of these- maybe I'm just a psycho, but I'll usually turn the master up to at least 5, even up to values of 7 on some high gain amps.

Gotta hear the amp scream!
That increases power amp distortion and tends to make the bass loose and uncontrollable on many high gain models. But it may work for your setup :)

Hi all

Are these ( a ) all-new-ground-up presets (?) -or- are they ( b ) the "old" presets re-saved as Quantum presets (?)

If its ( a ) I'll try them out ........ but if its ( b ) I'll give them a miss ..... I nearly sold my Axe II 2 weeks after getting it as I was trying to get the "old" presets to sound even remotely usable ...... then once I built my own ground-up-from-totally-empty-and-blank-slots ..... I " got it " :)

Ben

Hi Ben,

The answer is (b): The names of presets are exactly the same as last version (FW18,03 was the last factory presets baking), the blocks disposition is the same, but is not a straight re-saving of old presets, looking into deep some parameters are slightly tweaked. In short: this are the old presets updated

Last edited:
Thanks ETOLKIEN

I'll give them a big pass then - Im sure some/many use them - but I wasted many days with them last time and they nearly caused me to sell my unit and start posting how " not good " the Axe was .... luckily I found simlar posts where they said the answer was building your own from scratch ..... they were right :)

I did audition them using Axe Manage. Lots of tweaks (cab block in the HBE preset come to mind) that I liked, I saved as blocks.

I'm quiet sure that Fremen redid some of the Presets - you can spot it when the "NULL" is selected in the cab block - there sound great and a good starting point.

I loaded these on the 10th when they came out,(still FW 2.01) thought they sounded really good! Loaded 2.02 and felt like they lost a little something? ( more gain for one thing )Probably because they were built from FW 2.01? Anyone else? or is it me?

I loaded these on the 10th when they came out,(still FW 2.01) thought they sounded really good! Loaded 2.02 and felt like they lost a little something? ( more gain for one thing )Probably because they were built from FW 2.01? Anyone else? or is it me?

I think the "more gain" has to do with the harmonic default value (in 2.01 different than 0, 2.02 =0).

Reactions: RDH
As fas as I understand, each amp had it's unique default value for the harmonics. Now they all default to 0, but the 0 on a particular amp sounds exactly as the previous default value (Like 0,48 or something) for the particular amp in the previous firmware.
But maybe I am wrong...

I loaded them in my AXE FX XL and there is now an active COMP block in a bunch of the presets.
Weird.

Active compressor? Why would they do that, unless sustain was suffering? Also, it isn't too great for noise either, if you don't need it!

Active compressor? Why would they do that, unless sustain was suffering? Also, it isn't too great for noise either, if you don't need it!

It's active on almost every one I have checked.
Quite a few others have Pan/Trem active also as well as Delay.
Really odd.
Maybe I will try downloading them again.

Agree, I tend to get rid of all blocks except: drive (if any), amp and cab...then I adjust input gate and output level...done!

I understand that factory presets must show the variety of effects for new users, but if you like it simple and direct you can find amazing tone cores with this approach!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom