New Powermad song "Souls Descending" featuring the AxeFx Ultra -

Thanks a lot you guys!

Thank you again for your great feedback

We tracked the song at Assembly Line Studios in VA with Kevin Gutierrez, and Jeff Juliano mixed it. We used an AxeFx Ultra for the main guitar sound, DI bass through a Distressor, and I used a U87 mic through 8 Distressors (in series) for vox. Dirk Verbeuren played the drums "live" (no programming) and we used a couple overlaid drums samples to make them "pop" a bit more (as is customary now). When we track the full album, we'll be trying everything possible to get the best sounds for each instrument, etc.

Oh, and I was kidding about the 8 Distressors :)

With regard to the rest of the new material, it does sorta harken back to Absolute Power, etc, but we definitely tip our stylistic hat to the metal of 2011 as well. I think it's a good blend, and I am very, very excited to finish and begin touring. Truth be told, I can't wait for the record after this one, which will NOT take 20 years to see daylight

Side note: just before we went to record, I was in my bathroom with a Qtip in my ear, (cleaning the hell outta that thing), and someone walked in, bashing the door into my elbow, and the Qtip into my eardrum. Yes, it exploded with blood (very metal) all over the place. It got infected and man, it sucked ass! Flying was not fun, and I couldn't hear out of that ear when we were recording. Can ya tell? Hahah!

Peace!

Joel

...and "Nice Dreams" is one of the best metal songs of all time!!!
Bought the album the day it came out - those were the days :)

Thank you Ashyx74, jb70, guitarzpt, FUNERAL and banjoze!!!

We appreciate your support very much! We'll post some clips as we progress!

He is indeed, and we're thankful to have him as a Member of Powermad!

Thanks for all your great replies gents!

Back
Top Bottom