New Power Engine from Tech21

Thanks for posting this. I'll be very interested to read some reviews.

$649 MSRP. I see Sweetwater has them listed as "coming soon" with a pre-order price of $449.

Singer in my band uses a Power Engine for his AX8 at rehearsals and it sounds fine.

Sweet. I have the original PE and have been considering putting one of those new Celestion coaxials in it (if they ever start shipping). I've even used the PE at gigs and while not perfect it certainly does the job.

With this, I could get rid of my old PE and the Alto 210 (which I do like but doesn't have any real EQ on it).

I had one of the original ones, wasn't bad for the money, pretty light and easy to move around. Seems a bit of a crowded market these days though.... I guess more and more people are moving to modelers though so maybe customers for everyone.

I don't know though, when you see things like proven Atomic CLR's used for about the same prices, don't know if I wouldn't go that route. I was trying to get rid of one of mine, couldn't get $500 for it (local FL pickup only), just kept it and now I enjoy it in stereo. Worked out well in the end, but still....

$500 for a CLR, which is a known quality product, or $449 for a product which while good, probably doesn't match up, and just for $50 less ? I'd probably just find a CLR, or a Xitone Wedge etc.

I think someone needs to really come out with something unique and innovative, like a dipole speaker unit, something that can load two different IR's for a front and rear projection from the cabinet, giving a unique ability to spread sounds differently around the room. CenterPoint Space Stations are pretty cool in this regard and how some fun sonic potential.

You of course can also stack a couple of existing FRFR speakers and point them different directions, and this can sound pretty cool, but I just think that there is a market for an all in one unit that offers some of these abilites. Then its not just another "me too" product in a crowded market, but something that can offer some unique features with regards to modeler amplification, and also provide some really cool 'in the room' listening treats when your using it in a room, as most people tend to play when not on stage.

The cheapest use CLR I have seen was like $650-700.

I was down to $500 on this forum, and on my Reverb listing, for over 2 months, and didn't get a single buyer on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Maybe a bit of a geographic/economic issue but still.... I think there are great deals to be had, and probably those asking $700 might be willing to take a fair bit less to get them sold. I think dude has had some Neo's listed on here for like $700 forever. Buyers market these days.

I think the point still remains though that for marginally more money there are some really exceptional products. Given the playback system is such a key part of the overall enjoyment of a modeler, I think it makes sense to have a good quality offering which you know will translate well to other systems.

Guess that just is how the market goes though, everyone rolls something out just because they don't want to be the only brand that doesn't have skin in the game....

I was down to $500 on this forum, and on my Reverb listing, for over 2 months, and didn't get a single buyer on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Maybe a bit of a geographic/economic issue but still.... I think there are great deals to be had, and probably those asking $700 might be willing to take a fair bit less to get them sold. I think dude has had some Neo's listed on here for like $700 forever. Buyers market these days.

I think the point still remains though that for marginally more money there are some really exceptional products. Given the playback system is such a key part of the overall enjoyment of a modeler, I think it makes sense to have a good quality offering which you know will translate well to other systems.

Guess that just is how the market goes though, everyone rolls something out just because they don't want to be the only brand that doesn't have skin in the game....
There's a pair for sale still... $1450 + shipping:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/atomic-clr-neo-wedges.145707/

I'd love to hear an Axe-FX ran through this thing. The fact that it's 14 inches deep is glorious. Looks very tempting compared to a Xitone MBritt which is like double the pre-order price but we'll see how it stacks up. The cabinet depth makes me think it would be good for metal.

I had one of the original ones, wasn't bad for the money, pretty light and easy to move around. Seems a bit of a crowded market these days though.... I guess more and more people are moving to modelers though so maybe customers for everyone.

I don't know though, when you see things like proven Atomic CLR's used for about the same prices, don't know if I wouldn't go that route. I was trying to get rid of one of mine, couldn't get $500 for it (local FL pickup only), just kept it and now I enjoy it in stereo. Worked out well in the end, but still....

$500 for a CLR, which is a known quality product, or $449 for a product which while good, probably doesn't match up, and just for $50 less ? I'd probably just find a CLR, or a Xitone Wedge etc.

I think someone needs to really come out with something unique and innovative, like a dipole speaker unit, something that can load two different IR's for a front and rear projection from the cabinet, giving a unique ability to spread sounds differently around the room. CenterPoint Space Stations are pretty cool in this regard and how some fun sonic potential.

You of course can also stack a couple of existing FRFR speakers and point them different directions, and this can sound pretty cool, but I just think that there is a market for an all in one unit that offers some of these abilites. Then its not just another "me too" product in a crowded market, but something that can offer some unique features with regards to modeler amplification, and also provide some really cool 'in the room' listening treats when your using it in a room, as most people tend to play when not on stage.
please let me know where i can get a atomic clr for 500

Back
Top Bottom