New Pink Floyd song

I wish I could say I am surprised by some of these reactions, but I'm not. F'n haters everywhere.
If "hater" refers to anyone that doesn't like the song, then I'll admit I'm a hater, but people seem to be conflating disliking the song with disliking the cause.

Last edited:
If "hater" refers to anyone that doesn't like the song, then I'll admit I'm a hater, but people seem to be conflating disliking the song with disliking the cause.

Exactly! If you support the cause it doesn't mean that you also must like the song....
Most of us are only reacting to the musical aspect.

Nope. The Ukrainian and Russian Governments are the problem. Without getting overly political, both governments are corrupt to the core and have no sympathy or care for their own people. Not sure why people feel The Ukraine is the good guy here. They are both bad guys. The people who live in both countries lose. Because of the power and money hungry Oligarchs who run their countries.

I hate when bands get into politics. Or religion. Like Roger Waters, too. He's evil. His music is good, but he should keep his mouth shut.
Uh, if I'm not mistaken, Russia invaded Ukraine. The majority of us here know the difference between a murderous dictator and someone who is actually out in the thick of it helping his people.

Uhhhh, apparently you don't. Zelenskyy is also a murderous dictator. But that's not what you are being fed is it?

Fed? Isn't turnabout fair play? No, I'm not one of these people that sit around and watch Fox all day long and repeat their talking points. The majority of the world do not think Putin is a genius. If you're on that team, that's your problem, not mine.

LMAO, where did I say anything about Putin being a genius? Zelenskyy is a murderous tyrant who jails and murders anyone who opposes him. Especially journalists who question his power. I'm not the one painting him as a hero. YOU are.
Where did I say Zelensky is a hero? Am I on team Zelensky, yes I am. What team are you on? Trump and Putin's?

I'm not on anyone's "team" on this. You are the one saying you are on the "team" of a murderous tyrant. What does Trump have to do with this? Where did I say anything about Trump or Putin? Dude, if you can't follow the bouncing ball, stay out of the convo, eh?

Here's where you paint him as some kind of altruistic hero. He isn't. He doesn't care about his people. He's putting on a show so he can garner international sympathy and attention. Which is obviously working. He's just as bad as Putin. They are both evil, tyrannical megalomaniacs. And you just admitted to being on his "team". Congratulations.
Okay, please provide me with your sources concerning Zelensky. I'll keep an open mind.

I wasn’t referring to you Jason. I don’t much like the song myself. But the intentions are good and honorable, and I respect DG for that. The haters comment was directed at one individual who managed to make him/her self look like a crappy human being over several posts. I don’t want to get kicked off the forum so I made a general reply. That’s all I’ll say on that.

It is obvious that Putin is deliberately killing civilians and Russia is the aggressor here. Whether Ukraine is a mess or not, they didn’t start the war. It’s a tragic situation and I hope it’s resolved soon.

This is the saddest thread I have read in my time on this forum.

War is happening, people have died. People are suffering. Someone attempts to use what they have to help.

And all you can muster in your finite little existence is to critique the song, the effort, and question their motivation?

YOU are the problem.

Yup. Even worse when it gets called for what it is and then folks want to double down on the nonsense. Pathetic!

I appreciate their intent. I do. But if you're going to put your name on a song in order to raise awareness and engage fans, you might want to pick one that fans can actually relate to so they're encouraged to read the backstory and get involved.

The lack of attentiveness, people's unwillingness to educate themselves, and put in the time to learn what
something is---even when links are provided---is also now Pink Floyd's fault, too?

I guess to really understand what is going on, you would have to be aware of what has been happening in Ukraine since 2014, who has been profiting immensely from it, and why Putin decided to take action against his neighbor. Connect those dots and the narrative the media is pushing doesn't seem as cut & dried.

I see a note about commentary from people I blocked, and am no longer interested in hearing from. I don't think I’ve blocked two people in the last ten years, until today. I am no longer allowing this foolishness in my online experience. I enjoy a good debate and hashing out differences of opinion, but this ethnocentric, childish rubbish needs to go out with the rest of the trash. I don’t abide it in person, and leave it to others to tolerate here.

As I have said, giving a voice to every moron with a cell phone was never going to end well.

The lack of attentiveness, people's unwillingness to educate themselves, and put in the time to learn what
something is---even when links are provided---is also now Pink Floyd's fault, too?
Are you sure you were replying to the right person? If so, what does your comment have to do with mine?

I guess to really understand what is going on, you would have to be aware of what has been happening in Ukraine since 2014, who has been profiting immensely from it, and why Putin decided to take action against his neighbor. Connect those dots and the narrative the media is pushing doesn't seem as cut & dried.

It’s always about the money and power in the end. One well known and very well connected family in the US has made some money over there, among others. It’s seldom that they pay a price. Usually the innocents are the ones that pay, like they are right now.

Opinions opinions. The song is technically speaking not the best I ever heard, but what the heck; anybody can understand the concern that comes out of that. As far as regarding any war, the eternal question one should ask himself is : who in the end is taking the profit from the crime. The answer to that question is a good start and guideline for the search of the causes and associated casualties of such a war. Give this question a profound reflection and introspection on that theme.
If anybody could close this thread I'd appreciate it very much as already suggested in another attempt to excite this string. Cheers to all participants because in the beginning not any of you responded with bad intentions IMHO

Opinions opinions. The song is technically speaking not the best I ever heard, but what the heck; anybody can understand the concern that comes out of that. As far as regarding any war, the eternal question one should ask himself is : who in the end is taking the profit from the crime. The answer to that question is a good start and guideline for the search of the causes and associated casualties of such a war. Give this question a profound reflection and introspection on that theme.
If anybody could close this thread I'd appreciate it very much as already suggested in another attempt to excite this string. Cheers to all participants because in the beginning not any of you responded with bad intentions IMHO

This "war" is about controlling oil and driving up its price. To make some very important people, very rich. That's all. And those "important people" are in Russia, the Ukraine, China and the USA. It's not rocket science. But it does take some time and knowing how far back it goes. Something you'll never get from your local news station. Also, the "casualties" are completely irrelevant to the benefactors of said oil issue. They don't care who gets hurt or killed and what sanctions are put in place towards their people. All they care about is their bank accounts. Until the World starts to understand this, it will go on.

You can get the thread closed by reporting it. Just posting that someone should close it generally doesn't work.
That's not all IMHO, but this aspect is without any doubt a serious line of investigation. Why not close this thread , FB is full of opportunities to feed this subject; why do that here ?

It’s always about the money and power in the end. One well known and very well connected family in the US has made some money over there, among others. It’s seldom that they pay a price. Usually the innocents are the ones that pay, like they are right now.
Is the family you speak of family of a former president? You know, his son in law was given billions from some guy that has a connection with certain medical instruments like bone saws?

Back
Top Bottom