New Pickup Day!

I'll stand by my original statement. To me $800-$1200 for a pick-up is insane especially a non functioning one, I don't care who owned it. Beside that I'm not a Prince fan so it's meaningless to me, but it's your money so if your happy that's all that matters.

Well... for reference...
3 of his picks sold for $600 (which is much higher than they've ever got on ebay)
2 of his pedals a BF-2 and DD-3 which I tried buying for $600 each but got outbid went for $1000+ each

His glasses/shoes/clothes easily $3000-5000.

His guitars have sold recently for about $200,000.

First- if it was functioning- It would still be in his guitar and in a museum right now and I'd never have it.

He owned 2 vox guitars- one was a transparent black and one was custom painted weird...

The black one was his main guitar from the time he got them 2010/2011 until 2015- the pickup broke so he switched mainly to the painted one and then it got fixed- and he'd go back and fourth...

While his guitars have sold- no parts of his guitars have ever left his hands or his estate- the fact that this got to the public is astonishing...
$800-1200 is the estimate- I could have paid way more than that for it- or much less. I've seen guitars estimated at $100,000 go for millions.

Here's why it's cool- it broke because of picking and sweating and stage lights and rigorous touring...
It's cool because- this pickup- felt and heard almost every note PRINCE played the last 5-6 years of his life- and that's fucking cool to me at least.

It was the pickup in the guitar when I saw him in concert in 2013- and what you're hearing in this video...
It's not broken metal and plastic- it's history.

Well... for reference...
3 of his picks sold for $600 (which is much higher than they've ever got on ebay)
2 of his pedals a BF-2 and DD-3 which I tried buying for $600 each but got outbid went for $1000+ each

First- if it was functioning- It would still be in his guitar and in a museum right now and I'd never have it.

He owned 2 vox guitars- one was a transparent black and one was custom painted weird...

The black one was his main guitar from the time he got them 2010/2011 until 2015- the pickup broke so he switched mainly to the painted one and then it got fixed- and he'd go back and fourth...

While his guitars have sold- no parts of his guitars have ever left his hands or his estate- the fact that this got to the public is astonishing...
$800-1200 is the estimate- I could have paid way more than that for it- or much less. I've seen guitars estimated at $100,000 go for millions.

Here's why it's cool- it broke because of picking and sweating and stage lights and rigorous touring...
It's cool because- this pickup- felt and heard almost every note PRINCE played the last 5-6 years of his life- and that's fucking cool to me at least.

It was the pickup in the guitar when I saw him in concert in 2013- and what you're hearing in this video...

It's a shame that you feel you need to defend yourself for something you're excited about. Some guys seem to enjoy being funsuckers.

These things have huge value and upside... I tried to buy all of Zappa's stuff a few months back- it's a great investment...

One of Claptons guitars first sold for $500,000 then a million something then 2 million-

Les Paul's auction stuff have gone up up up- it's better than the stock market.

I'd have paid 6x what I paid for the pickup too- nothing else like it in the world

Well it sure beats a trophy my wife got as an 11 year old youngster in the front row of a gig ........ a leg hair from Feargal Sharkey.

These things have huge value and upside... I tried to buy all of Zappa's stuff a few months back- it's a great investment...

If I was flush with cash, I would have bought Frank's Performance Guitars Strat (blonde with Floyd Rose) for the same reason when they were auctioning off everything. Not only would it have historical significance, but if it was Frank's #1 at one point, it's gotta be a damn good guitar.

The preauction estimate on that guitar was like 4000-6000
which is wrong ( like i said above about pre auction estimates)

So what did I do?
Immediately bid $6000

It went for about 10x more than but technically it was mine for like a week... along with some pedals and amps

Juliens pissed me off about the Zappa auction...

big time...

The auctions were supposed to close one by one based on no bids for like an hour or whatever- instead because they're greedy kept them open any time any bid was placed- and 4 times sent out mass emails saying 'you can still bid now' stuff that should have ended were kept open days- and I called them and cursed them out and had them cancel all my bids on everything.

They also jacked me on my high bid on the prince thing- there's no record anyone bid in between my first bid and highest bid but when it closed- the auction closed at my high number...

It's rigged I'm sure- but to get this kind of stuff there's no other way- AND honestly everyone has more money than I do on that stuff... there's some ballers- my Zappa money was a Kabbage loan I luckily didn't have to take.

Well... for reference...

You need to meet my friend Dave. He built the original four Cloud guitars, and he's creating hand-carved replicas. Here's his latest work—I saw this one in person last Friday, and it's a beauty:

19113966_1764941086866111_2074008775317303871_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom