New Periphery Album

Sure man! Chain is like this:

guitar - compressor pedal [sustain 2.32, attack and release 0, level noon] - drive [T808 MOD, drive 0, level full, tone noon] - amp [FAS Modern, drive 4, everything noon except presence 5 and master 3.5] - matched IR

Noise gate is pretty tight but basically everything set to noon. The IR was matched from under a second worth of guitar. I don't even know which song it was though. Just used the stream for it.

EDIT: Found the part I used! It's the last song Masamune after the high pitch singing part. You know that Ab note that's being played on the left hand side.

Is there a chance you could post this patch and/or cab ir? I have no idea how to capture the ir on the ultra :)

Here's the IR for Ultra/Standard. The patch doesn't really have a lot of low end. Actually too little for my taste.

Attachments

• Periphery II IR.syx
    8 KB · Views: 40
Here's the IR for Ultra/Standard. The patch doesn't really have a lot of low end. Actually too little for my taste.

Hey dude, that's a good attempt, but unfortunately if you tone matched from that section in masamune, you matched a part which we specifically filtered a bit for effect (lofi'd it a little to make it kick in harder when it does) and that might explain the lack of low end on the patch haha.

Sounds interesting, though I generally find the textures of albums of these kinds of groups a little dense to hear any guitar tones that catch my attention. (I maintain the best-sounding mega-guitar-layerd rock/metal album was Def Leppard's Hysteria.) Music-wise, the stuff from 15:15 to about 16:45 is my speed.

Last edited:
Hey dude, that's a good attempt, but unfortunately if you tone matched from that section in masamune, you matched a part which we specifically filtered a bit for effect (lofi'd it a little to make it kick in harder when it does) and that might explain the lack of low end on the patch haha.

I was thinking about that being the case, Misha. So that's why you guys didn't have any guitar intros on this album right? Just so people (or me) couldn't match your tone? :D Okay... it's time for mid/side separation. ;)

Yup I saw that as soon as I saw Bulb. The album is great Misha. It's been a long time since I've heard something that sounded like an album and not just a bunch of songs thrown together. I'm seriously floored with the new record in every way! Tones are amazing, songs are great, there is a melodic theme to the album, and it just feels epic. Great job man! You guys have set a new standard for what a modern album should be and sound like!

Just listened to the new promo single on you tube.
Couldn't get past the realization that I am SO frickin OLD.

:lol

I am in the same boat I guess! :)

I gave it a listen. There are some really nice sounds going on. I like the ethereal aural tones when they slow it down a lot. And even though I am not a huge fan of the heavier thrashing type sound I can understand it and know it has its place even though it’s not something I would sit down and listen to on a continual basis.

With that said, I am sorry but I just don’t get the guttural screaming vocal parts. Is that the same singer that is doing the other vocals? It must be an age thing because I thought I was open to just about anything but in no way do I find the guttural thing at all musical. I guess I have become my old man... :(:eek::roll

Last edited:

Challenge accepted! Found something I could use in MAKE TOTAL DESTROY.

And here's the patch for Ultra/Standard if some of you want to try it out. Deffo needs some noise gate tweakage as you might here in the clip also but that's a bit gear specific so shouldn't be an issue. :)

EDIT: And sorry for not being able to give a 7-string clip. :(

Attachments

• P2 Impulse.syx
    8 KB · Views: 46
  • P2 Patch.syx
    2 KB · Views: 38
Finally had time to give the album an intense listen. While i really digg some songs I actually didn't like the whole album. I know a lot of people disagree and you can really hear the amount of energy and hard work they have put in this album. Sorry to say, the album doesn't do it for me. Still love their previous work and really digg "make total destroy"
Looking forward for the next album!

Finally had time to give the album an intense listen. While i really digg some songs I actually didn't like the whole album. I know a lot of people disagree and you can really hear the amount of energy and hard work they have put in this album. Sorry to say, the album doesn't do it for me. Still love their previous work and really digg "make total destroy"
Looking forward for the next album!

You know, on my first few listens I was pretty disappointed with the record. I wanted a full on metal album with just non-stop riffing. As I listened more I realized that the band is just maturing in their songwriting and while there is a lot more singing and some of it is quite a bit more poppy, the album as a whole is just great. Tons of transitions, there is a repeating theme, great playing, and a good flow. While this isn't the super heavy proggy full on balls to the walls album I was wanting, it's an album I really respect and admire for the amount of work/thought that went into it.

All that and the tones are just out of this world clear!

You know, on my first few listens I was pretty disappointed with the record. I wanted a full on metal album with just non-stop riffing. As I listened more I realized that the band is just maturing in their songwriting and while there is a lot more singing and some of it is quite a bit more poppy, the album as a whole is just great. Tons of transitions, there is a repeating theme, great playing, and a good flow. While this isn't the super heavy proggy full on balls to the walls album I was wanting, it's an album I really respect and admire for the amount of work/thought that went into it.

All that and the tones are just out of this world clear!

I'm more a "prog-head" than a "metal-head" and of course my opinion reflect it ... The new album is just awesome, much more than the first one, and I liked the first a lot. Here everything is more coherent and everybody more collided, especially Sotelo voice is more expressive and powerful even his growls are better.

Singing is poppy, huh? Just about every boy metal band out there has singing and grind core growls. I prefer basses growling, so I prefer his singing. I think he should only sing. (I think they should get a bass to sing.....but that's another matter....) There was a greater variety of styles in this album. Now that this is totally outside of the forum category....

Singing is poppy, huh? Just about every boy metal band out there has singing and grind core growls. I prefer basses growling, so I prefer his singing. I think he should only sing. (I think they should get a bass to sing.....but that's another matter....) There was a greater variety of styles in this album. Now that this is totally outside of the forum category....

I think I understand what you're saying. To be honest, I could do without the singer all together. I think Animals as Leaders is doing it right but I just want to hear the music anyways lol! I hope the release an instrumental version like they did with the last record. I think they did a fantastic job with the vocals but I really got the album to hear the AxeFx sounds and some good poly-rhythms :mrgreen

I am in the same boat I guess! :)

I gave it a listen. There are some really nice sounds going on. I like the ethereal aural tones when they slow it down a lot. And even though I am not a huge fan of the heavier thrashing type sound I can understand it and know it has its place even though it’s not something I would sit down and listen to on a continual basis.

With that said, I am sorry but I just don’t get the guttural screaming vocal parts. Is that the same singer that is doing the other vocals? It must be an age thing because I thought I was open to just about anything but in no way do I find the guttural thing at all musical. I guess I have become my old man... :(:eek::roll

I cannot sit thru any significant quantity of 'vomiting garthok' vocals. I'll overlook a small amount of it, but it completely ruins any enjoyment I may have had of this band. A couple of years ago Bulb posted a track covering MJ's Black or White. Now THAT kicked ass.

This record is huge. EVERY person who played guitar on it will be in our next run of print ads and also in our ad in the upcoming Issue 11 of iGuitar Mag.

-M@

Back
Top Bottom