New pedalboard with FC-6 (Tutorial)

lp59

Experienced
Here is how I attached my FC6 on a Pedal Train board.
• Fasten some wood on the board, put some velcro on it and at the back of the FC
• I cut a slice in the top of the board to make room for the jacks
IMG_3714.jpg

• You can see the back, the rivets attaching the wood planks, and how the EV-1 is attached: 2 holes to let the 2 top screws go through (get rid of the rubber feet), I kept the 2 rubber feet in the middle to keep the bottom plate of the EV-1 secured to the pedal, I put the 2 bottom screws and feet on the side, and put some velcro at this place.

IMG_3715.jpg

• Velcro the FC on the board

IMG_3716.jpg

• Add some LED light on the bottom.

IMG_3717.jpg

• Everything is nice and clean, packed and unpacked in seconds.

IMG_3718.jpg

• I have 3 FC switches done with an old Digitech FS3X lying around, the 4th switch is in the Mission Pedal

IMG_3719.jpg

• I must check if I can power the status LED of the Mission pedal with the USB power supply used for the lighting.

IMG_3720.jpg

• Change the color with a remote controller or let it change it automatically.

IMG_3721.jpg

Here is how I attached my FC6 on a Pedal Train board.
• Fasten some wood on the board, put some velcro on it and at the back of the FC
• I cut a slice in the top of the board to make room for the jacks
IMG_3714.jpg

• You can see the back, the rivets attaching the wood planks, and how the EV-1 is attached: 2 holes to let the 2 top screws go through (get rid of the rubber feet), I kept the 2 rubber feet in the middle to keep the bottom plate of the EV-1 secured to the pedal, I put the 2 bottom screws and feet on the side, and put some velcro at this place.

IMG_3715.jpg

• Velcro the FC on the board

IMG_3716.jpg

• Add some LED light on the bottom.

IMG_3717.jpg

• Everything is nice and clean, packed and unpacked in seconds.

IMG_3718.jpg

• I have 3 FC switches done with an old Digitech FS3X lying around, the 4th switch is in the Mission Pedal

IMG_3719.jpg

• I must check if I can power the status LED of the Mission pedal with the USB power supply used for the lighting.

IMG_3720.jpg

• Change the color with a remote controller or let it change it automatically.

IMG_3721.jpg

Looks fantastic! Form and function achieved!

Yes, I tried to make it the more efficient as possible. Good news, I could power the LED on the Mission pedal with the power supply of the lighting. No more batteries !

My brain is getting all tingly for a cool idea! Can you tell me what size is the gap between the slats?

Maybe larger on a Pedal Train, this one is from the Pedal Space brand, don’t know if there is a difference.

I think it’s a copy, for the euro market.
You can easily cut in the aluminum if you have the right tools, to make it fit to your project if needed.

ATM I have a bag, should be enough as I handle it myself. A case would be to much weight.

Thanks for the inspiration! I’ve got a Pedaltrain Classic board that literally was collecting cobwebs. I‘ve got an FC-6, already had a Source Audio expression pedal, plus my wife just got me a Mission expression pedal. I’ve ordered a couple TRS cables with right angle connectors, along with an XLR cable that has a multi-position connector on one end. I have a Lexicon 2-button switch that will have to sit by itself on the floor; oh well, it’ll still look swank :sunglasses:

Thanks for the inspiration! I’ve got a Pedaltrain Classic board that literally was collecting cobwebs. I‘ve got an FC-6, already had a Source Audio expression pedal, plus my wife just got me a Mission expression pedal. I’ve ordered a couple TRS cables with right angle connectors, along with an XLR cable that has a multi-position connector on one end. I have a Lexicon 2-button switch that will have to sit by itself on the floor; oh well, it’ll still look swank :sunglasses:
Put a pic when you're done!

Back
Top Bottom