NEW Passive Xitone Cab Arrived

elchampion

Inspired
34CDBD70.jpg

I received my cab yesterday afternoon with no gorilla wear and tears from Fed Ex. After a successful recon mission passed the wife and into my man cave, I proceeded to test out some presets but at bedroom levels. To power the cab, I'm using my Retro Channel power amp. I began by scrolling thru my main presets and noticed the cleans sounded great but some of my dirty patches didn't. I'm chalking that up to having to redo these patches, tho they sound great thru my Yamaha HS80 plus sub monitors. Then I tried some of 9.0 factory presets and they sounded better, so hopefully 10 drops this week!! Its still way to soon to make a true judgement on the cab until I can crank it up loud and really hear it! I'm gonna try pushing music thru it too to see how that works out but so far it sounds very clear with the cleans and look forward to spending more time with it!

On a side note my name came up for the passive Atomic CLR, but I can't afford to try it out at this time and I'm hoping I won't feel the need to once I get acquainted with my Xitone! If anything I might replace my power amp first.

I'll keep updating this thread as time goes on! So far I'm optimistic!

Very cool looking cab!

I kind of always thought the RC power amp was really ment to pust a guitar cab? I know Lance has stated that it can do a clean undistorted sound but how much range does it really have? Your distorted tones could be effected by this. It would be interesting to test it with a clean power amp to confirm wether it's the RC or not.

According to lance if you place the volume around 1.5 and push the master then this will give you the cleanest power. He said there's a mod he can add that switches the RC1 modeling off, which I'm considering on getting done for the flexibility alone.
Very cool looking cab!

I kind of always thought the RC power amp was really ment to pust a guitar cab? I know Lance has stated that it can do a clean undistorted sound but how much range does it really have? Your distorted tones could be effected by this. It would be interesting to test it with a clean power amp to confirm wether it's the RC or not.

How much extra was it for the custom grill? Love the red, white and blue!

I believe Mick had a special for 99, but normally it would be 150.00 depending on what you wanted painted. I think solid colors were cheaper. I would email Mick at xitone to be sure. It looks killer in person! There's a thread Mick posted showing the solid colors.

I believe Mick had a special for 99, but normally it would be 150.00 depending on what you wanted painted. I think solid colors were cheaper. I would email Mick at xitone to be sure. It looks killer in person! There's a thread Mick posted showing the solid colors.

elchampion is correct... he bought the original prototype that was only $100. Actual pricing is $149. Solid colors are currently only $33.

Back
Top Bottom