New OwnHammer vintage 1x12 & 2x12 open back cabs "pre-releases" are here

Rocket Brother

Power User
Just a heads up

Kevin from OvnHammer has put up the pre-release or in-development Vintage 1x12 & 2x12 open back cab packs up for sale at 19 $ each, which is an "early bird" discount price, intended to increase to 29$ each in roughly a weeks time.

Even @29$ these packs will be an absolute steal, so don't think to hard about - just buy yourself 2 new IR libraries for Christmas - you know you've been good.

I've beta tested these IR's and have found them to be the absolute pinnacle of open back and small cab IR's for my use, and I already use them almost exclusively for my open back and combo tones.
I can't express in words how great these IR's are.

At present time Kevin has sampled 6 of the 18 speakers that will make up the Vintage 1x12 & 2x12 open back cabs packs and will be adding the rest as they are sampled.

Link to the 1x12 cab pack
http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_116&products_id=120

Link to the 2x12 cab pack
http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_116&products_id=122

Stay tuned for the Modern 1x12 & 2x12 open back cabs packs, a little later on.

These new open back IR's combined with the OwnHammer Modern and Vintage 4x12 Marshall IR pack's round of and complete my IR collection.
I'm sure Kevin and perhaps others will sample other cabs that I'll also want somewhere down the line, but for now I'm completely content with these wonderful IR's.

RB

Can you perhaps comment on the essential tonal differences between, say, the 1x12 pack IR's, vs. the similar ones offered earlier in the 4x12 enclosure? I'm particularly interested in the low end, having very much liked the Modern Pack that I tried, but I did feel that almost all the captures had very audible proximity effect (low end boost) due to using cardioid mics up close.

This isn't a complaint by any means, as I liked the IR's overall. And I should clarify that I didn't try the Vintage 4x12 series.

Thanks,
Brian

The 1x12 speaker pack sounds vastly different than the 4X12 pack with the same speaker to my ears.
I use both the open cab IR's and the close backed IR's depending on what sound I'm going for.

The 1x12 pack sounds very open, dynamic, articulate, full and yet still in your face, where the 4x12 has more firmness, push and exhibits traditional closed back sounds.

Both are IMO outstanding IR libraries, and both exhibits the classic behaviour and sound of their cabinet type.

So while both can yield both great clean, low to mid gain and high gain sounds I think most will find that the 1x12 (and 2x12) cab IR's are superb for clean and low to mid gain tones, while the 4x12 IR's are better at mid to high gain sounds.
That's how I fell that the 1x12 and 2x12 IR's differentiates themselves to the 4x12 IR's and how I use them - other might just always prefer either a open back or a closed back cab sound.

Hope this answers your question

RB

Thanks RB, for such an articulate response.

I'll download the 1x12s today.

Happy Holidays
Brian

Cool - let us know how you get on with them

Btw the 2x12 are also absolutely great and gives another shade of awesome for your tones, you should consider these as well as they are an absolute bargain

Happy Holidays to you too
RB

hey guys, maybe someone who knows can explain what has been happening lately with Axe-FX IRs... (and I do realise that OH, AOM and Fractal are all separate things and AOM is not in development any more, so any one person may not have a complete answer)

AOM is on its last legs on my machine - takes about 5 minutes to load up, filter/series mixing function doesn't work anymore - its only a matter of time before it no longer works at all. Cab-Lab is only compatible with Axe-FX II IR files, which is really disappointing (by the way, Axe-FX II IRs are in a new format now, so AOM DSP can't handle/convert them any more). And now the OH SP mixes are only provided in Axe-FX II IR format.

In the future, how can I continue to mix IRs and use new ones developed by the Axe-FX community?

Sincerely,
Axe-FX gen 1 user

Just signed on for the Vintage 1x12 and the 2x12 packs from OH noticed in the sale e mail that I have 3 attempts and 90 days to redeem but I can't find confirmation of what happens when the additional speakers are added to the packs, do I get an e mail ? or do I have to watch the website / FX forum for other hawk eyes?
I assume downloading the updated versions won't be a problem

anybody know ?

Merry Christmas
G \../

Just signed on for the Vintage 1x12 and the 2x12 packs from OH noticed in the sale e mail that I have 3 attempts and 90 days to redeem but I can't find confirmation of what happens when the additional speakers are added to the packs, do I get an e mail ? or do I have to watch the website / FX forum for other hawk eyes?
I assume downloading the updated versions won't be a problem

anybody know ?

Merry Christmas
G \../

Not 100% certain how this works, but I just logged on and downloaded the updated 4x12 mix packs with no problem. I suspect the 3 times, 90 days thing just applies to the links created at time of purchase. I'm sure somebody will chime in with the real 411 pretty soon.

...noticed in the sale e mail that I have 3 attempts and 90 days to redeem...

That's old, and part of an obscure php inclusion I forgot was there. I just removed it as it's not accurate to what is in the Store F.A.Q.

There is an anti-abuse download attempt counter in place for all the files, but if anybody hits 0 they can shoot me a message through the contact page and request it be reset. It's no biggie, and the vast majority never even know it's there. :)

cool thanks Kevin for the reasurance , I didn't think it was a problem but thought it best to throw the question out there

Merry Christmas

G :)

That's old, and part of an obscure php inclusion I forgot was there. I just removed it as it's not accurate to what is in the Store F.A.Q.

There is an anti-abuse download attempt counter in place for all the files, but if anybody hits 0 they can shoot me a message through the contact page and request it be reset. It's no biggie, and the vast majority never even know it's there. :)

You sell a great product at an amazing value. Nobody with half a conscious would hopefully ever try to abuse it/unlawfully distribute it.

Kevin works really hard to provide us with these great IR's, and you can be sure that he'll take good care of you and make sure that you can get the product you've bought.

Back
Top Bottom