New Ownhammer IRs - Questions

Thanks! But I think I worded my question poorly.

I meant, is this something that should be done all the time?
in older Ownhammer libraries there used to be a "tube amp" option which colored the IRs in a certain way, baked ready to go into the IR. the newer libraries don't have that tonal variation any longer provided, bu tif you'd like to achieve the same results in post production, that's where the EQ tip comes in. it certainly doesn't have to be done all the time or even at all especially since the overall sound of the Axe has evolved so much since those libraries included that option...

How does the 2x12 sound compared to the 4x12 IR's in your opinion? I'd assume it may sound smaller, less warm. What do you think?

Thanks

I think IRs are such a personal taste , I tend to like 212s sometimes because they are less boomy, a lil more focused sounding.

What they lose in a bit of low thud i think they gain in clarity, so yes a bit brighter not as dark/warm.

here is that cab with a boogie .to me I really dig it for tight rhythm crunch especially when using something like a Recto that already has a ton of bass

Hello there.
This is my first post and probably last one here. I'm Line 6 user, but I really had to post this one.
Few days ago I bought OwnHammer 412 Bogner Standard EDVH library, although it is not my favourite speaker. Few hours after buying it I deleted from my hard drive every single cab IR from different sources I had collected for last few months. I just realized that I won't be using them anymore ever again. I play guitar for 23 years and it NEVER SOUNDED SO JUICY/MEATY/ROUND/FULL/TASTY/FRESH. Yesterday my brother bought me 412 Mesa Standard V30s library for a b-day present and I was dazzled. I just want to say one thing Guys: new OwnHammer Libraries is THE ROOF OF THE WORLD, Gentlemans!!!!!

Welcome to the forum, and the OwnHammer family, CZER! Thanks very much for sharing your experiences with the new OH IR's, very happy to hear you are enjoying them so much! Always a wonderful thing when playing can be such a joy, and I'm very honored to have been able to facilitate that for you and anyone else having similar experiences in any way. :)

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, seems there are lots of questions about OH IRS so why not ask here.

Kevin,

After reading the forum the Mills k100 is being removed from the axe. Do you have any plans real soon :) to add this combo to the new collection?? Please say yes! ;)

I'm probably violating this thread... so sorry, but.... V4 Orange PPC is out!!!! :)
I just listened to Mr. York and Mr Symons samples and I feel like 10-year old kid again just before Christmas. Brilliant!!! Thank You Mr Ownhammer :).

ps. Guys, maybe there should be a one single thread, something like "new OwnHammer V4 libraries", which would include all post in this matter, so interesting but scattered through many threads (?) It would be much more convenient to have all of them in one place.

Just purchased the OH 412-MES-TRAD pack today, freakin awesome!

Would highly recommend to anyone who hasnt yet tried it! Only managed to noodle through a few of each type, but I am well impressed with the quality and feel, BARGAIN! :D

I'm probably violating this thread... so sorry, but.... V4 Orange PPC is out!!!! :)
I just listened to Mr. York and Mr Symons samples and I feel like 10-year old kid again just before Christmas. Brilliant!!! Thank You Mr Ownhammer :).

ps. Guys, maybe there should be a one single thread, something like "new OwnHammer V4 libraries", which would include all post in this matter, so interesting but scattered through many threads (?) It would be much more convenient to have all of them in one place.

Where did you hear the samples of this cab?

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, seems there are lots of questions about OH IRS so why not ask here.

Kevin,

After reading the forum the Mills k100 is being removed from the axe. Do you have any plans real soon :) to add this combo to the new collection?? Please say yes! ;)

Soon is relative, haha, and the Mills isn't at the top of my list, but also isn't at the bottom, but is on it as is everything I've done in the past that I still have available to me (which is pretty much everything except one thing from V1). I went and made a list, the list of cabs I have in house or can borrow from a friend totals 43 different cabs. I have about 100 different kinds of speakers, so this whole thing is just massive in scope. There are also several cabs I want to do that I don't have yet, but will be looking for viable ways to get at them one way or another. :)

Hello,
Is there any chance of Peavey cabs IRs in new collection, Mr. OwnHammer? :)

Are we talking PEAVEY Peavey cabs, or Fender EVH? If the former, not sure, the latter I'm looking into though!

I'm almost finished redoing the free OH library in V4 fashion, when it is complete I plan to post a V4 Q/A thread that also announces that library so that everything is a little more official/contained for the V4 stuff in general. From that point on, I'm going to pick back up with email and social media, which I've been vacant in until I could get everything on the site up to date. That time is going to be in the next 48 hours, I hope!

Where did you hear the samples of this cab?

From the flash based mp3 player on the product pages (top of each page) found within the OwnHammer 412 ORNG Impulse Response Libraries container. The first two products are live now. :)

Hello.
Question(s) to Mr Ownhammer:
1.I see that part of Mesa Standard V60 library (which I bought recently) is now available for FREE. Are these IRs similar?

2. If the answer for 1st question is YES, there goes the 2nd one - Do you plan to offer any other FREE libraries in the future that are now for sale?

I'd like to piggyback on this... are there any special "black Friday" or "cyber Monday" deals going on?

I didn't see but is this Mesa demo V4?

Back
Top Bottom