New Ownhammer beta IRs

guitarzpt

Experienced
Hey have you guys checked them out?

Spent this afternoon playing with them and several amps.

They are a game changer for me. Every amp sound is more realistic then ever. Can't wait for the full release. Will shed some cash towards them for sure.

My favorite preset now features the F5 with the Sm57.
For me its just a matter of matching the F and W and 5 or 6 to the character of the amp you're playing and thats it. Instant pleasure!

Any of you guys have similar great experiences too?

regards
Ricardo

I'm on the fence at the moment, they sound way different than all the stock IR's that is for sure.. way bright, almost HI-FI quality to them.

Will need to futz with it some more till I can make a real judgement.

All I can add is this:

I've never been fond of "V-30's" in real life or in the digital domain-Period. Just from trying out these beta's of the "V-30" IR I was pretty much gratified immediately. They're more open sounding with added quality to them. That was pretty much what I noticed immediately without any comparisons. Then I compared. IMO no contest. Look forward to getting the commercial releases. However I don't think it will totally make the other IR's obsolete by any stretch for many... maybe for some.

I'm finally downloading the beta zip. I so suspect I'll be spending some money at OH (aside from AOM) when the full package is released, based on the positive feedback thus far.

In short, It's given me good tone with practically zero tweaking. I'm stunned really. I just use 1 ir which isn't even mixed with others. Just the 5 position on the 57. :)

Clarity and smoothness are excellent. My favorite so far is stereo cab with pos 5 sm57 one side and pos 5 tc the other slot. Very rich and realistic.

In short, It's given me good tone with practically zero tweaking. I'm stunned really. I just use 1 ir which isn't even mixed with others. Just the 5 position on the 57. :)

+1

It's the only one I tried (with Plexi stuff); liked it so much I just stuck with it.

Yea, I really like em so far! Very, very clear and realistic sound. The first patch I put them into was the Tyler Grund Badger patch, and it was bright!, but it sounded great. I tried a few different ones, and adjusted the amp accordingly, but it really sounded good. I'll be looking forward to picking up the full release. V30's aren't my favorite (I play a gretsch, and the V30's seem to emphasize the same frequencies that my filtertrons already pump out in spades- it can be pretty upper-mid heavy), but with the other speakers, it should be a winning collection. It'd be sweet to see a few more jensens in the mix somewhere down the road. I'll definitely pick them up.

I haven't tried them all, but the SM57 F-5 is my favorite thus far and reminds me of the tones I use to get out of my straight Bogner 4x12 with UK Vintage 30s.

I mix it in at -2db with the FAS V30 w/ dyn 122 mic @ 0db.

I find these new IRs like a little motor drive to get them to sing, so while I'm normally at .25, with the F-5 mixed in I'm liking .5 all the way up to 1.0 on motor drive.

I am on the fence, they are just different to me, I think they sound more open because they are more scooped than other IR's, I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

The only thing I think should be improved is the level between the TC30 and the SM57. TC30 files are way lower then the SM57 ones.

Back
Top Bottom