New Ownhammer 4x10 Fender Super Reverb stratocaster demo SRV-ish!

How are these super reverb 4x10's different than the 4x10's you did previously? Those turned out to be my all time favorite IR's.

in a direct A/B with the exact same mics in as similar of spots as one could put them (given there is zero overlap in that department here), the new one has more midrange intelligibility, note clarity, and "touch" response. That aside, the new library has many more mics and mixes for just that speaker, add this library not only includes the vintage Jensen C10R's, but also the vintage Fender CTS Alnico's which I've never sampled or offered before, both speakers were what gave this amp it's signature sound (as we all know, the "IR" is the bulk of the frequency response in a tone, especially for combo amps). Not only do the new dual speaker libraries have the two single variations, but also two blended "speaker types", where one of the two is more dominant in the mixture. The feature set looks like this:

Cab:
- Super Reverb 4x10

Speaker Options:
- C10R
- CTS
- C10+CTS
- CTS+C10

Mic Options:
- 57 (00-10)
- 70 (00-10)
- 121 (00-10)
- 160 (00-10)
- 414 (00-10)
- 421 (00-10)
- MID
- REAR
- ROOM

Mix Options:
- MDRN (a 57+421 blend, 00-10)
- OH1 (a 57+121 blend, 00-10)
- OH1F (a 'fatter' 57+121 blend, 00-10)
- OH2 (a 421+121 blend, 00-10)
- OH2F (a 'fatter' 421+121 blend, 00-10)
- SP2 (mix recipe by Scott Peterson, 00-10)

I have taken the liberty to add a quick start folder that for each speaker type, has a single IR for every single mic and mix type to save time for folks during the initial 'dive in' period.

I'm not the used car salesman type, so I won't toot my own horn but rather relay what others have said. Opinions so far on everything done this way coming out this week have been something like:

- Sonically, it can't be beat.
- Feature set, it can't be beat.
- Ease of use, it can't be beat.
- Price point, it can't be beat.
- Value, it can't be beat.
- Fun factor, it can't be beat.
- Tonal satisfaction, it can't be beat.

The new stuff has that pattern to it so far with everybody who's tried it. The reactions have been essentially "the first IR I tried was the best sound I've ever had from *insert cab and/or speaker type here*". This is why this past week I disabled every legacy library and am completely overhauling the entire website. It's one of those start over at 1.0 moments, I think you guys here can relate. :) Just as well, there is a tremendous amount of new content to be had, very little to no direct overlap even between the V3 Super Reverb, which, in my opinion still sounds great. I really love the V3 Super Reverb and Bassman, so anyone who loves those cabs and wants 'more', this is a great place to get it, IMHO.

Just as well, I may as well be out with it since the topic is hot. There will be 6 Fender style cabs coming out in the next few weeks from me. Same with Bogner, which is the other one Jon hinted at. Both families will have something either never before done, or like Jon mentioned is one that has previous market entries here or there but this is by far the best in class entry. I truly couldn't be happier with how the new libraries are coming out, and can't wait to repopulate the site with the 3 dozen or so cabs I have in my arsenal and those borrowed from friends.

Yeah...Bogner was my second guess, as so fare I have all the Bogners, but never really used them as it wasen't for me...well very curios now :eagerness:

Also, if you guys make any clips, please don't hesitate to post them up. I have been in a major Fender mood recently and love hearing guys play who are better than me, which should be pretty much all of you here from what I can tell. :lol

Downloading now - but its now almost midnight - I'll have to wait till tomorrow to get all fenderish. In my tubeamp live I never used to like Fenders but with the Axe there sound already really good - so I look forward tomorrow :mrgreen

Thanks guys, hope you dig it!

Jon is totally a beast, amazing musician and definitely an awesome tone coming from him on that clip. :) Kudos to him again!

Tonight I was doing some I/O testing with the Axe (analog versus digital ins and outs and whatnot), and found myself constantly wandering off my objective just jamming away. Where I ended up with a strat and single coils was CTS OH2F-04 from the CTS Quick-Start directory. Highly recommend checking that out for anybody who is playing for their own satisfaction, nice and syrupy and the image depth is fantastic. The quad of CTS speakers all sounded beautiful, it was definitely a task picking just what ended up in the library. :)

Did a quick recording with Reaver in my bedroom with my Vibrolux Preset and used the ir: CTS+C10 57-06 from the quick starter folder for the first 2 leads and the 3. lead I did with my favorit SLP 1959 100W Plexi Jump and just the ir: C10R OH2F-05 and those ir's sound really good with Marshalls - nice crisp .... well on the weekend I can play loud - that will be better for testing. They are so good that I stoped on Vibrolux and did this little clip. Mind you, fusion si not where I'm good in, but it inspired me to do something fusion like and I used the chords of Chick Corea's theme "Spain" with my Strat - by the way...I'm still waiting for my Birds Eye maple neck from Warmoth...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom