New option for FCB-1010 - Tiny Box

Thanks for link. Interesting but - no manual on site yet (link is broke I guess), and link to Forum says server not found, etc. So site needs to mature a little.

The animation enforces the statement at top of home page that it is/uses a simple text programming language (fine by me) but beware it is NOT GUI driven (e.g., like Axe edit) input so get into a "typing and possible debugging" mindset. The work load on user might or might not be time and MIDI knowledge/skill intensive (TBD) not an issue for me I'll be watching this item but their site needs to add more info and pics and demos if possible

Again thanks for link

Thanks for link. Interesting but - no manual on site yet (link is broke I guess), and link to Forum says server not found, etc. So site needs to mature a little.

The animation enforces the statement at top of home page that it is/uses a simple text programming language (fine by me) but beware it is NOT GUI driven (e.g., like Axe edit) input so get into a "typing and possible debugging" mindset. The work load on user might or might not be time and MIDI knowledge/skill intensive (TBD) not an issue for me I'll be watching this item but their site needs to add more info and pics and demos if possible

Again thanks for link
Since the config appears fairly simple in it's format (based on what I saw) I would not be surprised if they (or someone else) would write a simple GUI for generating the config...

But it seems to have potential.

Again thanks for link
There is a manual, I just downloaded it. Yes it has the same functions for programming but is really developed as a new brain for the FCB1010, and does not accept additional controllers like expression pedals or switches. If it could it would be the perfect box to add midi functionality to FM3.

Edit: it does accept with an additional interface called Jackbox.....wow ! Thanks for pushing this info. I'll mail to Xavier to check availability.

Last edited:
Here the answer I got from Xavier :
"...
for the moment the TinyBox is aimed at the use with an FCB1010, the jackbox is intended as an add-on for 2 extra preset switches and 2 extra expression pedals. In theory it could work with just the jackbox, but I don't think it's feasible because you don't have any visual feedback (the visual feedback of the TinyBox is the FCB1010 status screen, which currently doesn't show the jackbox add-on). Also the Jackbox switches can't be used as "Bank up"/"Bank down" switches, so you would only have 2 presets available. In the future we might release a TinyBox which doesn't require an FCB1010, but which is bundled with the necessary electronics to create your own custom floorboard with up to 16 foot switches, (and an optional
jackbox to add 4 expression pedals).
..."

This morning he made a little complement to that :

"....
Actually you made me think further about the option of using TinyBox with JackBox, without FCB1010. Should be feasible, just a small
extension of the editor and firmware : in the current version the command "USE_JACKBOX" extends the bank layout from 10 to 12 presets per bank and extends the expression pedal assignment commands to support 4 pedals instead of 2.
I could introduce a command "USE_JACKBOX_STANDALONE" which turns the 2 switch inputs of the jackbox into "next/previous song" switches.
The bank layout would be omitted completely, and you would simply work with a setlist. Each song in the setlist can trigger any set of MIDI commands.
..."

A suggestion would be to have hold function assignments like on FM3 so to be able to have 4 commands under the feet (like pause or stop), or even TRS inputs so one may connect 4 switches or 8 commands, plus the 2 control pedals. I hope it works out one way or another. Wait and see.

It's designed by Xavier, the extremely capable mind that built the Gordius range of foot switches so I expect it does for more than anything else, if there is anything else like it.

It's designed by Xavier, the extremely capable mind that built the Gordius range of foot switches so I expect it does for more than anything else, if there is anything else like it.
Got a LG2, effectively the most complete controller I ever saw

Back
Top Bottom