New old guy

Bruce Wayne

I am 65 not very good at computers,I have had fx-2 plus for 2 years ,i just use the preset sounds..have read the books that came with,can someone please explain a simple way to use as a delay only and may add distortion,I just want a basic me sound good crunch and a little delay.. I can’t do a basic pedal ..I know this should be easy but I still have a flip phone.and my sound in the 70s and 80s was done with 2 hiwatt stacks thats it no pedals,I want this to be fu but with so many options it’s not fun help or tell me it can’t be done

Agree, using the Axe Fx should be fun. And it can be with the right tools. Get yourself the MFC 101 and a label maker. The default layout is in the screenshot below and its absolutely fine. Add labels to the MFC so you can see what each button does. Almost every factory preset already has a drive and delay so no need to program anything. Just hit button 14 for delay and 7 for drive. I know this more than what you need, but it’ll be the easiest and most fun way to use the Axe Fx, and picking up a used MFC 101 shouldn’t be too expensive either.
1621026396597.png

You may be able to find some one near you to help one on one. If in central FL I would help.
ps I still use a flip phone, and have made many presets for the axe II since I got it in 2014.

Agree, using the Axe Fx should be fun. And it can be with the right tools. Get yourself the MFC 101 and a label maker. The default layout is in the screenshot below and its absolutely fine. Add labels to the MFC so you can see what each button does. Almost every factory preset already has a drive and delay so no need to program anything. Just hit button 14 for delay and 7 for drive. I know this more than what you need, but it’ll be the easiest and most fun way to use the Axe Fx, and picking up a used MFC 101 shouldn’t be too expensive either.
View attachment 83240

Thanks and I live in sf Bay Area on the coast in California,any one close who mite help I will give you a homemade distortion pedal,I make tube amps and pedals for friends,for fun...but they aren’t very good with computers. Thanks again I do have the 101 but can’t get the hang of it something always go wrong

Maybe you can do a Zoom meetup with someone who can get you started with that. I'd be happy to, but I'm on the Axe III and FC12, my first Fractal did, don't know the gear you have at all.

You'll find a comfortable groove with it I bet :)

Bruce, are you still using the hi-watts and want a basic preset that just has a delay and distortion? Or do you want a preset that has amps in it? I'm sure someone could help you make a preset.

Still have a half stack,a 8 ball cab & many heads. I play loud.but I play a bar down the street and bring a old Princeton no reverb ,so I want to use a little reverb & delay and distortion ..the presets are cool but either too much or not enough,I started building my own fx pedals and then bought the fractal for I could have one do all .so I don’t want to screw with the presets.I want to push a button to get a little effect my choice thanks again

Still have a half stack,a 8 ball cab & many heads. I play loud.but I play a bar down the street and bring a old Princeton no reverb ,so I want to use a little reverb & delay and distortion ..the presets are cool but either too much or not enough,I started building my own fx pedals and then bought the fractal for I could have one do all .so I don’t want to screw with the presets.I want to push a button to get a little effect my choice thanks again
Yeah your choice, totally.

I'm sure someone can help you get your Axe set up so it's easy to footswitch a couple of effects, if the instructions above don't connect with you.

Back
Top Bottom