New Noise Reducer settings?

Lkdog

Power User
I just picked up a couple used Strats with vintage level pickups to try out (Eric Johnson Strat and a Kenny Wayne Shepherd Strat). and am interested in suggested settings with this new Noise Reducer gate.

Are there suggested sweet spot ranges as starting points for single coils for Threshold/Ratio/Attack/Release?

For that matter- how about the Intelligent or Classic.

I am new to Strats. Mostly a Les Paul and 335 humbucker guy and I only normally use a little bit of noise gate as I am a low gain and moderate gain blues player.
Thanks for any input.

This is how I do it; reset the channel and select noise reducer as the type. I turn ratio all the way up and adjust threshold until things are dead quiet. Then gradually bring the ratio down until just before introducing the noise (hum) again. Important to understand the difference in noise. There's hum and hiss. Noise reducer doesn't completely remove the hiss.

Last edited:
This is how I do it; reset the channel and select noise reducer as the type. I turn ratio all the way up and adjust threshold until things are dead quiet. Then gradually bring the ratio down until just before introducing the noise (hum) again. Important to understand the difference in noise. There's hum and hiss. Noise reducer doesn't remove the hiss.
It removes some hiss as well.

Back
Top Bottom