New Nick Johnston Lessons: Intuition

Piing

Axe-Master
New lessons from Nick Johnston. The pack includes video, pdf with tabs and a Guitar Pro gpx file

I still haven't gone through all of it, but my mind has exploded with Intuition - Part 1, Examples 24 and 25 (minute 48:30 of the video), where he explains the chord progression of the "Remarkably Human" solo. I've been learning to play that song for a while and I was able to mimic the solo from the studio version (he never plays the same), but I was not able to improvise much beyond what he is playing at the studio version. But with his theoretical/practical lesson the mind is expanded... beyond repair o_O

https://nickjohnstonmusic.com/intuition

Last edited:
Did you buy the intuition or the intuition-theory primer?

I'm also wondering whether the theory primer is worthwhile. I have all of his tabs and backing tracks and its been fun to learn stuff here and there but theory is not my strong suit.

You could probably learn all the basic theory you need for free. Diatonics, borrowed or parallel chords, progression Theory (tonic, dominant, subdominant), as well as common substitutions should be more than sufficient. Just google those topics.

You could probably learn all the basic theory you need for free. Diatonics, borrowed or parallel chords, progression Theory (tonic, dominant, subdominant), as well as common substitutions should be more than sufficient. Just google those topics.

This is true. I just find I get bored easily lol. I'm also a big fan of Nick's playing style so I think it'd be more of an interesting way to learn how he utilizes it in his approach, etc. But, based on your suggestion I might try to get back into that!

This is true. I just find I get bored easily lol. I'm also a big fan of Nick's playing style so I think it'd be more of an interesting way to learn how he utilizes it in his approach, etc. But, based on your suggestion I might try to get back into that!
Applying theory is the real trick.

If you start trying to apply what you learn and integrate into your playing as you're learning it, I think it'll be a lot boring.

Back
Top Bottom