New Music. Let's hear it.

electronpirate

Axe-Master
On the prowl for something new and interesting. It's a painful process as there is alot of crap out there.

Presently on the spit:
-Sara Evans (some crap songs, but she's got pipes.)
-Wil Hoge (probably the best Americana guy out there.)
-Chris Stapleton (makes me want to slap back a 1/2 a bottle of Jack and shoot my pistol into the air from the bed of my truck.)
-The Struts (solid brat-boy rock.)
-BlackBerry Smoke (Logical heir to the southern rock culture.)
-Queensryche Empire. (to this day holds up as a coast to coast album.)

Speak out my children..

Not new, but I enjoy Umphrey's McGee. I also like the music of Simeon here at the Fractal forum. Actually, not much of the "new" stuff is really new. Most of it has been done before.

Not new, but I enjoy Umphrey's McGee. I also like the music of Simeon here at the Fractal forum. Actually, not much of the "new" stuff is really new. Most of it has been done before.

It's not a requirement that it's new GJ, I should have included the 'rediscover' moniker in there someplace...

It's not a requirement that it's new GJ, I should have included the 'rediscover' moniker in there someplace...
I guess I misunderstood. In that case, I continue to rediscover how great some of my past favorites were. On the turntable now would be Jeff Beck, Beatles, Byrds, Pat Metheny, and Django Reinheardt. Just got done binging on The Who.

When I finally got into Frank Zappa a couple of years ago, I listened to nothing but his music for a year straight. Still haven't heard his entire catalog.

Not sure if Metal is in your vocabulary but I Discovered "The Charm The Fury" on Nuclear Blast recently as they put out thier 2nd Album.

Was unexpectedly good IMHO if you like metal.

Jethro Tull. They're a genre all to themselves. Excellent writing, arrangement and musicianship. Prolific output spanning 40 years.

Arcarde Fire channeling ABBA and Men Without Hats:

Broken Social Scene's new one:

Gorgeous, previously unreleased, Radiohead:

Best Coast making nice waves:

Phantogram covering Hole:

PUP from CA-NA-DA!

Chris Thile doing My Oh My live with The Late Show band:

Trey Anastasio doing an touching and wicked-building Miss You on Prairie Home Companion:

I just found theese guys. Really like this allthough it has a wierd 80's vibe over it.

Run The Jewels, Jay-Z, Joey Bada$$, Kendrick Lamar, Tyler The Creator, Phantogram, Sturgill Simpson, HAIM, Danny Brown, Periphery, Big Wreck, Thundercat, Childish Gambino...

Run The Jewels, Jay-Z, Joey Bada$$, Kendrick Lamar, Tyler The Creator, Phantogram, Sturgill Simpson, HAIM, Danny Brown, Periphery, Big Wreck, Thundercat, Childish Gambino...
Seconding the Periphery and Thundercat, though I haven't listened to Thundercat's newest yet. It's a bonus that Periphery are Fractal guys.

Speaking of FAS folks, stumbled across Silversun Pickups on Sirius the other day. Good song, a bit of a unique sound to them. Gonna keep an ear out for more.

Back
Top Bottom