New modeler from Strymon

On the flip side I'd love to see Fractal package the DelayMultidelay/Plex Delay into a two or three switch stompbox and take on the Strymon/Eventide crowd.

Heck yeah! That's a +1 from me, I'd be all over that Leon!

Strymon crew are purists in their design and builds, I like the concept and it does make sense for their target demographics of minimalist style guitarists. Their Mobius, Ditto, Timeline, and Big Sky are some of the most versatile FX stomps out there. I can see where this would be a success.

I'm hoping the FM3 has a hint more HP than the AX8 to run multi-fx chains to simulate some of the Strymon style FX without too much of a CPU ceiling.

giphy.gif

Sounds decent but it's not ticking any boxes for me - at least not for $399.

I was super excited about the Deco when it first came out - the demos all sounded amazing, but when I actually got one, it sounded really sterile in person. I sent it back during the 15 day trial period.

Sounds great and pretty impressive but for 399 you get a whole THR 10...sounds just as good, built in loud af Yamaha soundbar, BULLETPROOF USB 2x2 io, battery powered wonder box, fractal quality component modelling with SPX tier effects...

The Strymon pedals are all $300-480. The Eventide pedals are all $350-$700. And unless you want a bunch of wall warts you'll need a decent power supply which will be $150-250.

Once you compare using 2 or 3 Strymon/Eventide pedals, the FM3 is already competitive on price. At that point, the additional capabilities of the FM3 pretty much smoke what you can do with a bunch of Strymon/Eventide pedals.

Just sayin'...

A guy who claims to have been involved in the development of the Iridium was posting on TGP.

He spoke at length about Fractal and how this was aimed at people who were tired of tweaking, menus, and the “labor” involved in getting the Axe FX up and running in a studio session. He seemed to feel that Iridium could hold its own against the Axe Fx.

A guy who claims to have been involved in the development of the Iridium was posting on TGP.

He spoke at length about Fractal and how this was aimed at people who were tired of tweaking, menus, and the “labor” involved in getting the Axe FX up and running in a studio session. He seemed to feel that Iridium could hold its own against the Axe Fx.

Who?

He wasn’t involved in the development of Iridium. He’s just some guy who made a long comment years ago on a Strymon webpage article, which basically says “please make a simple 3 amp pedal.”
Keep reading. There is a post where he says something about talking to the people at Strymon.

He tried to position himself as “in the know”, and you’ll notice I said “claims”.

Isn’t there a rule about bringing up the gear page shenanigans here? Like, don’t?
Here are the forum rules. Looks like you are mistaken?
Welcome to the Fractal forum. This is a friendly group, which abides by just a few simple rules. If you cannot follow the rules you will be warned. Three warnings will result in a temporary ban of 30 days. Further infractions will result in a ban of 90 days. After that you will be banned permanently. Moderators and admins may also skip right to the banning at their discretion.

1. First and foremost, be civil and courteous. Attacks, insults or harassment of others will not be tolerated.

2. No excessively foul language, trolling, hate speech, or adult content. Also, don't SHOUT.

3. None of this stuff like "I can hear something and if you can't hear it you're an idiot." Tone is subjective and personal. If others don't agree with your opinion that's life. Take the "stereophile" nonsense elsewhere.

4. Respect the moderators and the founders of the forum. The moderators do their job without pay and graciously dedicate their time.

5. No politics, no religion. There are plenty of other places on the Internet where you can discuss your political leanings and religious beliefs, here is not one of them.

6. It costs money to host this forum. As such it's not a democracy. The guy who pays the bill (me) has the ultimate say.

7. If you represent another company you must put that affiliation in your signature. Spamming your company's products is not tolerated and your post(s) will be removed.

If you have a question or a problem with this forum, with another user, for whatever reason, please use the Contact Us link in the forum footer.

Here are the forum rules. Looks like you are mistaken?
Im talking about unwritten rules, Sparky, and it was a joke. The point that the joke is supposed to gently deliver is that the generally accepted consensus is TGP is a trash heap and this isn’t. We try to not bring the trash in.

Im talking about unwritten rules, Sparky, and it was a joke. The point that the joke is supposed to gently deliver is that the generally accepted consensus is TGP is a trash heap and this isn’t. We try to not bring the trash in.
Alrighty then. I don’t agree with anything you said there. To call anyone trash, especially because they are a member of a forum that you do not like is disrespectful.

Plenty of toxicity in this place, including your last post IMO. The FM3 subforum makes TGP look downright functional.

Have seen plenty of places on the web that say the same thing about us here, so suppose I am just double trash... and I am fine with that.

A surprising # of FAS forum members are also TGP members BTW.

I may be in the minority, but from the demos I've seen, I don't think it sounds very good at all.

I think the clean sounds are thin/plunky/rubber band like. I think the overdriven sounds sound like someone took a high gain amp, dimed the gain, and then stuck a fuzz pedal in front of it. It sounds a bit blown out and ragged.

It may have been the demos I watched, but I thought the same thing while watching the official demos as well.

Reactions: ESW
I may be in the minority, but from the demos I've seen, I don't think it sounds very good at all.

I think the clean sounds are thin/plunky/rubber band like. I think the overdriven sounds sound like someone took a high gain amp, dimed the gain, and then stuck a fuzz pedal in front of it. It sounds a bit blown out and ragged.

It may have been the demos I watched, but I thought the same thing while watching the official demos as well.

Yeah, it doesn't sound good to me either. Strymon makes fantastic product videos, and if doesn't sound amazing in the video then it's definitely not going to sound amazing in person.

I love Strymon. Mostly Mobius, Time Line and Big Sky, but this new one doesn’t even get a second glance from me. (Maybe because I own the best...?.) targeted for those who can’t shell out over $500. I guess there is a market for it. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom