I'm loving the MC-10 controller! It's great for a minimal pedalboard : ) Too bad that there is no per-preset configuration and bidirectional communication... any plan to update the firmware in the future?
Do you have any hints for the stompbox configuration? Maybe with "CC on only"?
CC on/off if I remember well, not close to mine. But why not use the SCENE commands ?

CC on/off if I remember well, not close to mine. But why not use the SCENE commands ?
Thanks mate, yes I know about cc on/off, and I do use scenes.
The problem is using scenes AND individual effects (stompboxes). Without bi-directional communication and per-preset configuration, you and up with all kinds of inconsistencies, so I was asking for some ideas... maybe using scenes for the main effects (like drive, delay etc.) and "CC on only" on page 2 activate less used effects? Then the effects on page 2 could be turned off selecting the scene again (using "scene revert" option on the axe). What do you think?
BTW I'll be glad if describe your scenes configuration, I'm still trying to find the best way to organize my controller.

Thanks!
Regards

Thanks mate, yes I know about cc on/off, and I do use scenes.
The problem is using scenes AND individual effects (stompboxes). Without bi-directional communication and per-preset configuration, you and up with all kinds of inconsistencies, so I was asking for some ideas... maybe using scenes for the main effects (like drive, delay etc.) and "CC on only" on page 2 activate less used effects? Then the effects on page 2 could be turned off selecting the scene again (using "scene revert" option on the axe). What do you think?
BTW I'll be glad if describe your scenes configuration, I'm still trying to find the best way to organize my controller.

Thanks!
Regards

I only use scenes 1 to 6 on page 1, exp1/2, preset up, preset down and page 1/2. Page 2 is dedicated to looper controls, tap tempo, tuner, exp1/2 and page 2/1.
If you use only 4 scenes you have 2 switches left for direct CC controls like for example Boost and Drive etc...
Can send you my config once back home tomorrow.
Keep on rocking

BTW I don't use PC commands as all I need is either in song patches either in a few all round patches I can easily dial up from the Axe fx front UI.

Hi, thanks for your description. I'm elaborating a similar solution... can you elaborate on how do you use your 6 scenes for? Maybe the scenes are tailored for specific songs? Like intro, verse, chorus, solo, etc?

Hi, thanks for your description. I'm elaborating a similar solution... can you elaborate on how do you use your 6 scenes for? Maybe the scenes are tailored for specific songs? Like intro, verse, chorus, solo, etc?
Exactly that, I rarely use over 4 scenes. So 5/6 are mostly available for "effects or other artifices". We mostly do our own stuff, so mostly use one patch per song, hence a few standard patches for cover stuff. Can gig with around 30 patches. As the MC10 doesn't have a song list option....best is to order things in the Axe Fx in order of the setlist.

BTW don't forget to click here; in preparation of some album we actually produce...just for kicks...

I'm proud to announce my brand new midi controller MC-series: MC-5jr, MC-5 and MC-10.

Compact, Intelligent & User-Friendly.

Compact:
A small footprint in 3 sizes:
  • MC-5jr: 40cm x 5,5cm
  • MC-5: 18cm x 11,5cm
  • MC-10: 25cm x 15cm
Sharing the same code, data-files are compatible and exchangeable between MC-5jr, MC-5 and MC-10.
Ideal as standalone, as part of your floorboard or as an extra controller for your Midi-device.

Intelligent:
Each button has up to 4 commands.
15 available commands: None, Program Change, CC on/off, CC off/on, CC on only, CC off only, CC custom, Expr 1 CC swap, Button on/off, Scenes, Bank Up/Down, Preset Up/Down and Page.

Compatible with the scenes feature of Fractal Audio Systems .

2 Pages are available, giving control over 2 different layouts, each with 5/10 buttons.
Using a Page button toggles between page 1 and 2 and changes all buttons at once.

Press-and-hold: change one button to its respective button on the other page by press-and-hold.

User-Friendly
Instead of using precious resources for editing on the hardware, which is a PITA to use, we give you an excellent, easy to use Editor.

With the same layout as the hardware and a complete overview of all buttons and commands on one page, the MC is easy to program.

MC5-Jr + AX-8
The MC-5jr is especially made with the AX-8 in mind. Same space between buttons, same length. In front of the AX-8 it gives you 5 extra buttons, totally programmable.

I used it as this way:
  • AX-8 = 8 scenes
  • MC-5jr= PC 1-5. hold-and-press gives me PC 6-10.
Of course other configurations are possible.

More info on www.voes.be

photo-01.jpg

photo-02.jpg
photo-03.jpg

photo-04.jpg
photo-09.jpg

editor-01.jpg
Wow nice....does one work better the AXE III?

Exactly that, I rarely use over 4 scenes. So 5/6 are mostly available for "effects or other artifices". We mostly do our own stuff, so mostly use one patch per song, hence a few standard patches for cover stuff. Can gig with around 30 patches. As the MC10 doesn't have a song list option....best is to order things in the Axe Fx in order of the setlist.

BTW don't forget to click here;
Nice job with the song! And thanks a lot for the useful insight!!

I also want to add that I had a little bug with the led on/off status using scenes, and voes released a firmware upgrade in 1 day to solve it!
Amazing support!!

BTW don't forget to click here; in preparation of some album we actually produce...just for kicks...

Cool vibe man,,,

+1 for the mac editor!

Is the MC-10 compatible with the kicktags for ax8 from zenrigs?
If the spacing is the same, then they should work. From the picture, it doesn't look like the lights are spaced the same as on the AX8 though, which could be an issue = but I don't have one to test out against though

I'm proud to announce my brand new midi controller MC-series: MC-5jr, MC-5 and MC-10.

Compact, Intelligent & User-Friendly.

Compact:
A small footprint in 3 sizes:
  • MC-5jr: 40cm x 5,5cm
  • MC-5: 18cm x 11,5cm
  • MC-10: 25cm x 15cm
Sharing the same code, data-files are compatible and exchangeable between MC-5jr, MC-5 and MC-10.
Ideal as standalone, as part of your floorboard or as an extra controller for your Midi-device.

Intelligent:
Each button has up to 4 commands.
15 available commands: None, Program Change, CC on/off, CC off/on, CC on only, CC off only, CC custom, Expr 1 CC swap, Button on/off, Scenes, Bank Up/Down, Preset Up/Down and Page.

Compatible with the scenes feature of Fractal Audio Systems .

2 Pages are available, giving control over 2 different layouts, each with 5/10 buttons.
Using a Page button toggles between page 1 and 2 and changes all buttons at once.

Press-and-hold: change one button to its respective button on the other page by press-and-hold.

User-Friendly
Instead of using precious resources for editing on the hardware, which is a PITA to use, we give you an excellent, easy to use Editor.

With the same layout as the hardware and a complete overview of all buttons and commands on one page, the MC is easy to program.

MC5-Jr + AX-8
The MC-5jr is especially made with the AX-8 in mind. Same space between buttons, same length. In front of the AX-8 it gives you 5 extra buttons, totally programmable.

I used it as this way:
  • AX-8 = 8 scenes
  • MC-5jr= PC 1-5. hold-and-press gives me PC 6-10.
Of course other configurations are possible.

More info on www.voes.be

photo-01.jpg

photo-02.jpg
photo-03.jpg

photo-04.jpg
photo-09.jpg

editor-01.jpg
I have the mc 5jr for the ax8 and it's awesome. Now i need the mc10 for axe fx2

After seeing a few videos with the preset name and scene names displaying I’m quite interested in one of these but have a couple of questions.

As I understand it, there are two pages of controls, so essentially 20 assignable buttons, and you can switch between pages ? Or, is it just that each button can have a second function on press and hold ? I’m not real clear how that works, and how you get around the layout....

Here is what I would really like control wise, so maybe let me know if it’s possible;

I’d like to have buttons for direct access of all 8 scenes, or at least 5 scenes minimum. Press the button, the scene is selected and the scene name displays.

I’d like to have two buttons then for preset up/down, so I change those as needed, and the preset name is displayed.

I’d then also like easy access to the looper controls. I’d be okay with dedicating a button to this even if it means I have only 7 scenes or whatever.

What I want/need to happen is when I select the looper button, I want the switches assigned for play, record, stop etc, so essentially a way to access a second set, or bank, of assignments, AND I’d like to be able to toggle back and forth between scene switches and looper control pages.

I may be mistaken but I don’t think the long press control would work well for looper controls, because I don’t want to press and hold, say scene 5, and have it engage that scene, instead of the looper if I don’t press and hold long enough etc, this is why I think a “toggle” switch to change pages of the controller would work well for me.

Last bit not least, could an additional midi unit be hooked up to the mc10, like a mc5 jr, or Tech21 etc, which I could then program as a dedicated looper controller, allowing the Mc10 to do just scenes and preset changes ?

As I understand it, there are two pages of controls, so essentially 20 assignable buttons, and you can switch between pages ? Or, is it just that each button can have a second function on press and hold ? I’m not real clear how that works, and how you get around the layout....

You can access the buttons of page 2 in two ways:

• for each button apart by press-and-holding the button
  • set a button as Page button. This way all buttons will change to Page 2 (or 1). If you set this page button on for example on button 10 press-and-hold (thus on page 2) you still have button 10 on page 1 free for other functions.
Here is what I would really like control wise, so maybe let me know if it’s possible;

I’d like to have buttons for direct access of all 8 scenes, or at least 5 scenes minimum. Press the button, the scene is selected and the scene name displays.

I’d like to have two buttons then for preset up/down, so I change those as needed, and the preset name is displayed.

I’d then also like easy access to the looper controls. I’d be okay with dedicating a button to this even if it means I have only 7 scenes or whatever.

What I want/need to happen is when I select the looper button, I want the switches assigned for play, record, stop etc, so essentially a way to access a second set, or bank, of assignments, AND I’d like to be able to toggle back and forth between scene switches and looper control pages.

Here are two possible solutions:

Solution 1:
button 1-4 scene 1-4 on normal press, scene 5-8 on press-and-hold
button 6-9 looper
button 5-10 preset down/up, tuner on button 10 press-and-hold

axe-fx3_1.jpg

axe-fx3_2.jpg

Solution 2:
On request of Marco Fanton, we have included a special press-and-hold command, block page. This will switch only a part of the buttons when a page button is pressed.

button 1-4 and 5-8 scene 1-8 on normal press
button 5 preset down, page press-and-hold
button 10 preset up, tuner on press-and-hold

When page is selected, button 6-9 are now looper buttons. button 1-4 stay on scene 1-4

axe-fx3_3.jpg

axe-fx3_4.jpg

Of course there are many other ways to accomplish this.

I may be mistaken but I don’t think the long press control would work well for looper controls, because I don’t want to press and hold, say scene 5, and have it engage that scene, instead of the looper if I don’t press and hold long enough etc, this is why I think a “toggle” switch to change pages of the controller would work well for me..
You are correct about that. Press-and-hold won't work in a looper situation because the button needs time to engage the button on page 2

Last bit not least, could an additional midi unit be hooked up to the mc10, like a mc5 jr, or Tech21 etc, which I could then program as a dedicated looper controller, allowing the Mc10 to do just scenes and preset changes ?
Only when you use a Midi merger.

Thank you for taking the time to provide such an in depth response. Very well thought out product with lots of customization ability and a great price point.

I’ll be looking forward to placing an order

It's here. Built like a tank, and already programmed as scene controller (1-5) with my Axe FxII XL. Thanks a lot. Ultrafast delievery.

Attachments

• MC5jr small.jpg
    MC5jr small.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom