New Metallica

Song's kinda boring, but when did Hetfield learn how to sing? I haven't paid attention to them in a few decades, so I probably missed something....

I like the production better than their more recent efforts. I'm also enough of a realist to know that band did not play that song anywhere near like that in the studio. Good on them, get it out there, I'll forever admit that hearing the solo on Master of Puppets is a huge part of what made me want to play electric guitar, and I'll even say that I like the Load era and King Nothing / I Disappear are kickass tracks.

But - the playing on Master of Puppets is what made me inspired by it. Not the sound. In contrast to what's out now, and I know people throw back to that old era all the time, but those mixes are just small by comparison. Now we've got a great production with completely uninspiring playing IMO, which makes it like every other hard rock band out there. *vocals aside, I do think those sound great on this one

Also IMO, at least we've got good production here, unlike the last few where not only was it uninspiring, it just sucked to listen to. :smile:

Anyone confirm/deny that this was real amps vs. Fractal stuff used on this album?

Was James playing a Gibson? Did I miss his endorsement deal?

He’s been playing Les Pauls since the Load days, but seems to have acquired a few more Gibsons recently. If they snagged Kirk while Kirk can retain his ESP endorsement, I wouldn’t be surprused if they’re after James just as much. I know James talked to them with their previous ownership and things didn’t go down so well, they had a few people bitching about them during those years, Brent from Mastodon had plenty to say about them. :D

I agree with you but I totally agree with what he said too. Wtf hiring someone that didn’t know the songs ? With all the fans that knows them by heart …
It can be cool to hear pantera songs again in a gig , but they shouldn’t call that “pantera” at all. Anselmo cannot sing since 98, Rex is a cunt, and “pantera” without the brothers? But yeah, can be cool to watch this . Like watching a cover band, you can have a good night .

Just posted this morning-

87DA359E-1F82-433E-B097-8D62F104C9BD.jpg

I mean, it’d be pretty silly for them to use any name BUT Pantera if 50% of the band is going out and only playing Pantera songs. I don’t think anyone is under the impression they’re going to start writing new material and releasing it as Pantera. The metal media has gotten plenty of clicks by calling it a reunion, but I’ve yet to hear Phil, Rex, Zakk or Charlie call it anything but a tribute/celebration and I think that speaks for itself enough. Metallica only has 50% of it’s original members and they still call it Metallica, Queensryche is out right now with 2/5’s of it’s original members, releasing new music under the Ryche name.

As for getting someone who knows the songs, I mean, it’s not like Zakk and Dime are THAT far apart as guitarists, they both have a shitload of the same influences and both play minor pentatonic dominated metal music. One guy picks every note and one guy does more legato, that’s pretty much where the differences begin and end. Zakk was best friends with Dimebag and he’s always been brought up in regards to playing those songs in any kind of capacity with the surviving members, just seems like a no-brainer to not do it. I highly doubt Zakk is going to go out there and not know these songs by then, if the dude picks every note in the solo to ”Walk” instead of hammer-ons and pull-offs, but still plays the notes all correctly, there’s going to be about 10% of guitar players who call it out but I don’t think in any way that’s going to devalue the overall point/enjoyment of the show and if it does, I think the listener is missing the point.

Just posted this morning-

View attachment 112031

I mean, it’d be pretty silly for them to use any name BUT Pantera if 50% of the band is going out and only playing Pantera songs. I don’t think anyone is under the impression they’re going to start writing new material and releasing it as Pantera. The metal media has gotten plenty of clicks by calling it a reunion, but I’ve yet to hear Phil, Rex, Zakk or Charlie call it anything but a tribute/celebration and I think that speaks for itself enough. Metallica only has 50% of it’s original members and they still call it Metallica, Queensryche is out right now with 2/5’s of it’s original members, releasing new music under the Ryche name.

As for getting someone who knows the songs, I mean, it’s not like Zakk and Dime are THAT far apart as guitarists, they both have a shitload of the same influences and both play minor pentatonic dominated metal music. One guy picks every note and one guy does more legato, that’s pretty much where the differences begin and end. Zakk was best friends with Dimebag and he’s always been brought up in regards to playing those songs in any kind of capacity with the surviving members, just seems like a no-brainer to not do it. I highly doubt Zakk is going to go out there and not know these songs by then, if the dude picks every note in the solo to ”Walk” instead of hammer-ons and pull-offs, but still plays the notes all correctly, there’s going to be about 10% of guitar players who call it out but I don’t think in any way that’s going to devalue the overall point/enjoyment of the show and if it does, I think the listener is missing the point.
The situation is not the same When the surviving members are the bassist you never cared about and the singer 🤣 . « Pantera » without his drums and guitar. That joke.
Yeah Metallica without Lars and James so lol .
But if it is ok for some people no problems. Their families will do some cash with it.

The main problem to me is to call that « pantera ». Was it so hard to called it « pantera experience» or something else ?… or « give me some cash, I m tired playing in front of 300 persons with my shitty bands now » 😁

Last edited:
Always fun to read comments from Rando's on the Internet trashing legends. Get them chests out, Bro!! :)

Metallica only has 50% of it’s original members and they still call it Metallica
I mean they are original members and original members …. Lars and James ARE Metallica. some members can be easily replaced and some not. There is no slayer without araya voice, there is no doors without Jim Morisson , no nirvana without Cobain … the list is long. Pantera was dimebag and vinnie first of all, and anselmo screaming on their music . But Rex … who cares of Rex… 🤣. It’s like Paulo jr on sepultura .

Last edited:
Yeah like someone called jimi Hendrix .

I never knew why people are always talking about that wah. It is part of is sound. Personally I love this effect and all my favorite guitar players use it a lot.
It can be part of someones sound, but sadly in most cases it is used to hide his shitty solos.

These «
It can be part of someones sound, but sadly in most cases it is used to hide his shitty solos.
These « shitty solos » came after the black album, but Kirk have done some of the best metal solos ever in their 5 first albums .

all the justice for all solos are glorious, the ones in the black album too… the master’s one… ride the lightning song solo …

this guy, like slash in the use you illusion, have the « forever vip pass » with me and my eternal respect for what they have done. Whatever they do today, I don’t care , the masterpieces are done.
But yeah this single suck. That’s why I was watching the live shit in the morning when they release the new song the afternoon 😅

Was James playing a Gibson? Did I miss his endorsement deal?
He's been playing that white v pretty regularly over the past few years, Still plays his ESP's as well.

Ive been waiting for that announcement from Gibson though, much like Kirk's where he's gonna still be with both Companies

Ive been waiting for that announcement from Gibson though, much like Kirk's where he's gonna still be with both Companies
And some fans are waiting for a Hetfield Mesa boogie amp signature model too. If one day they do that … the money will flow all over their company. But as they cannot provide what they are trying to sell because this component worldwide mess, that’s probably not the moment to do it .

Back
Top Bottom