New METAL track with Fractal 4x12 IRs and FW15

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, very very very nice.........I love the intro with the Daft Punk vibe then your guitars come in layered like Devin Townsend, great rhythmic changes........EPIC!!!!! Lovin it!!!

That sounds friggin' huge. I'm resisting the urge to do the usual, "What amp model/IRs/settings/etc. are you using?"

I am curious, however, if you double tracked or quad tracked the guitars on this.

Are you also doing all the synth programming/playing? Your electronic stuff always fits so nicely into your mixes - it's obvious you're putting a lot of work in on it. If I remember correctly you're an Omnisphere guy - what else are you using these days?

That sounds friggin' huge. I'm resisting the urge to do the usual, "What amp model/IRs/settings/etc. are you using?"

I am curious, however, if you double tracked or quad tracked the guitars on this.

Preset needed! =)

Thanks dudes! The verses are double tracked and then the chorus / breakdown are quad with two different tones to accentuate those parts.

The preset is really simple honestly, TS808 >> 5150III >> Cab which is the Fractal 4x12 Mesa with 57 IR. No crazy advanced tweaks or anything like that just basic adjustments.

Are you also doing all the synth programming/playing? Your electronic stuff always fits so nicely into your mixes - it's obvious you're putting a lot of work in on it. If I remember correctly you're an Omnisphere guy - what else are you using these days?

Yes I am, yeah it really is time consuming but fun to layer it all up and make it massive! Here is a clip of just the backing: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2183128/EveryHourKills/EHK_SynthClip_Aug6.mp3

Off the top of my head: lots of Omnisphere, Massive, Razor, Absynth, Cinematic Strings, Spire, Aeon and Damage, some 8Dio stuff, some Vengeance stuff... This song really stretched out on the backings!

I'd prefer the sound to be not so overcompressed. It could jump in your face more than it does. But that's just my opinion and I'm far away from being a pro!

Other than that, great songwriting, great electronics!! If there's a record released, I'm a buyer.

Your vocalist reminds me a little of Lajon from Sevendust, that soulful sound. I like that the vocals are heavily melodic, and not constant Cookie Monster growls, and when there is growling is heavily effected with gating and synths. It tickles my electronica and metal nerd bones at the same time.

Have you guys released a record? Really liking the tracks on soundcloud.

Thanks! Not yet, we'll probably hole up in the studio this winter and work on an EP.

I'd prefer the sound to be not so overcompressed. It could jump in your face more than it does. But that's just my opinion and I'm far away from being a pro!

Other than that, great songwriting, great electronics!! If there's a record released, I'm a buyer.

Thanks for listening, yeah I might have overdid it on the mastering but hey, it's a demo!

Your vocalist reminds me a little of Lajon from Sevendust, that soulful sound. I like that the vocals are heavily melodic, and not constant Cookie Monster growls, and when there is growling is heavily effected with gating and synths. It tickles my electronica and metal nerd bones at the same time.

Good call! He is a bit like Lajon meets Mike Patton I think, definitely a phenomenal musician and we're lucky to have him. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom