New metal track - Das Metal Amp - 4 x 12 SLM

Here you go man. Im gonna do another one of these for the drums setting I have. Let me know if you have any questions. :razz

Here is the track with no plugins also.

Last edited:
Love it except for the constant "tick tick tick" that runs throughout much of the song, which as I said, I like a lot. I find that cymbal [ride?] to be distracting after a while when cranked on the studio monitors.

I think you would need to mod some parts to keep it instrumental however I am sure you know where those parts are and what to do with them {:)->=<:

You are the man! 1 question...the track that is playing in the background, did you record 2 separate guitar tracks for left and right, or did you duplicate one and delay it a little?

I agree with you BIG TIME man. The hardest thing for me is the cymbals honestly. But to be perfectly honest, this was just for a demo and I spent really no time trying to humanize the midi file because I want to have a real drummer record them eventually. If I dont eventually find a drummer I'll probably go in and spend more time on programming a little life into the drum parts. Or maybe Ill get bored tomorrow night and do it haha.

When I track guitars I record 1 track at a time, but I use a fake double when I am in the writing process so it feels more full and sounds more awesome. Then once I am done writing the rhythm guitar part, I turn off the fake double and record a second take. So, yes, those are two different takes for the left and right channels.

nice tutorial!

Oh, if you have a BandCamp or ? page somewhere I can bookmark, I'd like to buy your album when it is done. Could you post a link please if there is one...

North Jersey represent haha! Nice man, if its any consolation I got mine off of a guy on ebay and paid way more than I should have paid, but for me it was worth the extra money to not have to wait on a seemingly endless list... Get pumped though, its freakin awesome!

It might have been worth the wait honestly though. Now you'll get the unit brand new from Fractal and be starting with V5.07 (maybe 6.0 8) ).

Hell yea...I've been on the waiting list since 2/13 so I'm hoping by the end of the month my name will pop up. I can't afford to spend the $3000g's for the II and the 101 its going to cost me let alone anymore than that, but f-it, I'm going to do it anyway. It's going to be awesome. My drummer's new td-30 should be arriving any day and I'll be getting the axe II...now all we need is a singer/bassist too!

Arghh singers are in such short supply around here!!! Thats awesome that your drummer got td-30, I've been programing my stuff by clicking around in protools with midi notes until recently. I finally got a multipad and now I am at least getting to play the parts instead of clicking around for hours.

I know, I have a singer who could be good but refuses to practice! Yea, that is what I do too when my drummer isn't around using superior in logic 9. We are getting all new stuff though and want to start writing some originals. Covers are fun but we both want to start writing. He got the td-30, im getting the axe and we are going to start recording are jams w/ logic, cause its usually the accidental stuff you do when you are just having fun that tends to be the best.

Back
Top Bottom