New message on Axe FX II home page....

BrianJ

Inspired
Just noticed this...

"NOTE: Quantities are limited. As units are built they are added to the store inventory. As demand far exceeds supply at this time, the store sells out quickly. We expect availability to improve over the coming weeks/months."

Don't know how long it's been there...but I just noticed it was different. I was particularly interested in the last sentence...they used the term "weeks/months", not just "weeks"...

I wonder if this was just a slip of tongue, or if they expect it could take months for the smoke to clear...

That doesn't tell us much we don't already know.
Weeks/months?? It all gets down to where Cliff
decides to allocate production.

^^^ Yeah, I agree...but I think most people are optimistic that the dust will settle sooner rather than later...!

I know there's been endless speculation on this, but to me even with pretty optimistic assumptions, it'll take at least a few months. The poll thread showed around 500 people interested, and that's got to be a fraction of the real number, which is probably well over a thousand. Unless FAS has a yet unleashed method of mass production, it's gonna be a lottery for quite a while, IMHO.

I think this is good news.

And agree it may have something to do with allocating supply to G66 and Tone Merchants which they have to do.

I think the week/months thing is just the unpredictability of the market. There is know way to know for sure how long it is going to take for supply to catch up with demand because there is no way to know 100% how big the demand is just yet. All they know is it's big

Hey, I waited six months for my Suhr. I doubt we wait half that long for the Axe II. Any day one of us could get lucky.

Who knows, maybe Monday ;)

Cliff should have priced it higher initially, IMO. That way folks who really need it _right now_ would be able to get it, and folks who would like to save a bit of cash would get it later instead. $3.5K initially, gliding down to $2.2K in, say, 3 months as the impatient and well heeled get theirs. Or even better - auction them off right here on the site, so that the market would directly determine pricing.

I have been on vacation for a little over a week.

I come back and find my last posts deleted...a prediction of sorts of what will be happening with the Fractal Axe-Fx II sales.

I was hoping I would be wrong and could get a couple when I came back....but no.

I was right.no II's in the store.

This is the only thing I fault Cliff on...I love his product...I LOVE the updates ..but.........make enough units so we can buy these things...you make money...everybody is happy..............

I just don't understand the market strategy??

It's not a market strategy I don't think -- he just want's there to be quality AND wants to keep the price so a player can afford one. The downside is time... To some, money is less important than time.

It's not a market strategy I don't think -- he just want's there to be quality AND wants to keep the price so a player can afford one. The downside is time... To some, money is less important than time.

I don't know....if the quality wasn't at least up to Cliff's standard..the last few that were sold never would have appeared. IMHO he has the quality nailed.

I have seen this same sales scheme happen with the Ultra...the MFC...and now the II.

I don't get it...but I obviously don't see the big picture(I guess).

.they used the term "weeks/months", not just "weeks"...

Some people waited a year for a Standard when they first came out, and there was probably a lot less demand then.

I wouldn't worry though, cause Cliff probably has tried to anticipate this, learning from the "Standard, ULTRA" era, and will catch up pretty quick this time around.

Remember, it's a very small "boutique" type company, with very few staff, which means they can only process so much.

Be patient.

The only option to do this would be keep the whole deal quiet and buildup a stockpile, release them 3-4 months from now. They were supposedly forced into a countdown by an info leak in Europe, I agree the whole process sucks, but as the old saying goes, it is what it is. If you want one and can't wait, adapt to the circumstances, I can tell you firsthand I thought I wasn't going to get one, I work during the daytime. I had Wednesday off, sat around all day and did nothing but check the store. None added. Thursday I was able to clear out time(self employed) around 2, had one in the cart and missed it. I decided Friday would be the day, had a job pushed back last minute, set up a macro to enter in all my info and come 1:45 I was refreshing every five seconds, got in at 2:02, got it ordered. I don't like that this is the way it is, in fact I asked people to stop posting info about the macros, but if thatsnthe way it's going to be then if you want one or if like me you sold your ultra and had to give back your borrowed gear to use in the interim, then you adjust and make it work. Every batch has been put in the store between the hours of 2 and 2:30 pm edt except one around 4:15 or so, I'd expect that most will be around 2 pm edt based on this week. If you can't wait then you know the criteria of how fast they're going, just don't assume you'll get one going in and it's not as big of a disappointment.

Like I said, you don't have to like it, but at this point it is what it is. Adapt, or take a vacation from the store, the casual check 2 times a day buyer is not going to get one at this point, it is just the reality of the situation.

"sales scheme"

Not sure I understand what you mean, but if you're implying that Cliff is INTENTIONALLY selling in very small batches, I think you might be very wrong.

As has been said many times before, it's a small company. It's not Line 6! Axe-FX's are made in the USA, they aren't mass produced, and from what Cliff has said in the past, they don't have a very large markup at all. In fact it's quite small. The price of a single knob can actually shift the profit of an assembled unit for Cliff into undesired territory, unlike Line 6, who has the financial backing to a billion knobs at a 1/100 of a penny or less.

Not sure I understand what you mean, but if you're implying that Cliff is INTENTIONALLY selling in very small batches, I think you might be very wrong.

GT...don't even start.

You don't have an Axe.

I have an Ultra AND an MFC... I have had my Ultra for 3 years or so and LOVE it...and would have 2 Axe II's right now.

Look at your post count....700 more than me, but you are defending someone that you don't have any interest in other than....

I know Fractal is small...but I don't see the reason for the build up and then micro shipments that have taken place now or in the past. Cliff KNEW the outcome of all of this...he is smart...smarter than both of us put together I would bet...and I knew what was going to happen...

I think it just says that it will take weeks or even months before the demand drops to a "normal" rate.

It's good news! We all want the Axe-Fx 2 to be commercially viable.
I've been waiting for months. That's OK if I'm assured that MY unit is built with care and passion!
Judging by what Cliff, Liam and the others posted, I'm confident.

GT...don't even start.

You don't have an Axe.

I have an Ultra AND an MFC... I have had my Ultra for 3 years or so and LOVE it...and would have 2 Axe II's right now.

Look at your post count....700 more than me, but you are defending someone that you don't have any interest in other than....

I know Fractal is small...but I don't see the reason for the build up and then micro shipments that have taken place now or in the past. Cliff KNEW the outcome of all of this...he is smart...smarter than both of us put together I would bet...and I knew what was going to happen...

So, you're saying because you own an Axe-FX, you know more than me? That's just not even on the verge of logical.

However, if you don't see a reason for the "micro shipments, then my experience tells me I do, in fact, know more than you, because I understand it completely. It's 100% logical, and easy to comprehend.

It's this simple, not enough hands, to meet demand. It's not that hard of a concept.

I am not much on business stuff but it is well known what happened to marshall when they were bought out; same with fender (vox too). Good for Cliff for holding on to his integrity. He could certainly hold out for more money; I wager he could sell his circuits and become very, very rich without ever programming another single line of code – he could simply play guitar while putting his kids through college, never worrying about money again. And while I am sure he has covered the family responsibilities with great care, apparently money is not what is most valuable to him. Apparently it is more valuable to produce the very best product possible even if it means putting up with all this b.s. The real genius going on here is that this company understands what is truly valuable, ethical and moral. I personally find it very refreshing, unlike the constant barrage of manipulative crap I receive from various credit card providers, cable companies, satellite companies, wrong billings from Att and Verizon, and other greedy a.h.'s that operate with absolutely no integrity at all, simply existing to exploit my (or your) character flaws and ignorance for their on gain. How much is that tire worth? As much as I can get for it, and by the way - looks like your master cylinder is bad.

Yes, I'll be patient - such integrity is worth it. Now shut up and play your guitar you bunch of whiny babies.

PS, Cliff I hope this suck up was satisfactory, thanks in advance for the new AxeII.

Back
Top Bottom