New mega zip file of ambient Presets and Blocks to download

chaps!

i've just made available over 90 block files and 70 presets to download for the axe fx 3

there's a list of everything included attached to this post (too big to list)

some of you may recognise some of the preset names from the bundles i did for the axe fx 2. i've updated these patches and made some tweaks for the 3, but there's tons of new stuff to get your teeth into! ambient, glitchy, synth etc etc

full instructions are included in the zip file on how to use the block files and there are some notes on the presets too

to download, follow this link to my website - http://www.simeonharris.co.uk/fractal.html

any comments, snags, queries etc, post here in the thread

Simeon,

Thanks for all your work on these presets! I was wondering if its possible to change the synth settings to allow me to play 16th notes. I am using a Les Paul with humbuckers, but it loses a lot of the initial guitars attack., and it sounds like a volume pedal that is going from from heel down to toe up most of the time.

Wonderful. Just played with them for 2 hours, came up with a beautiful progression and donating now. Thanks very much

I"ve been away from the Axe FX for two years now, and I remember those excellent sounds for it. I had a 2, and am expecting a 3 next week. Do they translate to the 3?

I remember loving those of the two, can I load them into the 3?
While, yes, you could in theory attempt to convert the presets for the II over to the III with FracTool, they probably won't translate the same as there's been some changes and additions to the effects blocks and a lot of improvements to the underlying algorithms and their settings. Simeon has graciously taken the time and care to create stuff specific for the III. Avail yourself of his efforts and grab the AxeFx III presets instead, they're even more betterer.

Thank you Simeon! Finally had a chance to sit down and try all the presets, very impressive, sounds like a lot work went into them! I particularly love the stutter stuff for clean rhythm playing, it’s really amazing how seemingly such random stuttering delays can still be in time with the chosen tempo.

While, yes, you could in theory attempt to convert the presets for the II over to the III with FracTool, they probably won't translate the same as there's been some changes and additions to the effects blocks and a lot of improvements to the underlying algorithms and their settings. Simeon has graciously taken the time and care to create stuff specific for the III. Avail yourself of his efforts and grab the AxeFx III presets instead, they're even more betterer.
Gotcha. The main reason for getting the Axe FX III was that I missed those II presets. I've been using pedals, and for backup a Headrush recently, and I'm very very satisfied of the amp models and the ease of use of the latter. I also had 3 H9's, which sound amazing, but was tired of lugging this huge pedalboard to gigs. So, instead of a big board with the Headrush and 3 H9's or even two, the thought of those "old" presets came to mind, and I decided to go for the Axe Fx again.
But the new ones will probably blow me away too. I'm expecting the III this week, I really look forward to working with it again.
This time, I plan to use it for quiet practice over my studio monitors, but live, I will be using it in the return of tube heads. The reason I sold the Axe a couple of years ago was I didn't have that amp in the room feel. Not even with a Matrix and two Marshall cabs. I did one gig with a small combo at the time and it felt so much better. But the recent gigs with just the Headrush into my Marshalls were so satisfying, I'm going that route.

@simeon for the Grainscaper where do you put your controls on for the foot pedals? I see 3 VolPan blocks without assignments and I'd like to set mine up like you do.

Back
Top Bottom