New Martin OM28Elrb a flop

You could find the contract info for higher up managers at Martin, or talk about this on social media with pictures and tag them. That could get their attention.

Lastly, as I stated the luthier I talked to says he could make it like it never happened. But if Martin doesn't pay, I don't know-we didn't talk money.

As stated and trying not to add to your pain this type of thing happens going from humid to dry, but shouldn’t happen on a proper built new guitar in that price range and if it did the builder should stand behind it. Definitely jump on disputing payment if it’s still possible. Also as stated a “social media treatment” might be worthwhile. I’m from PA and Martin was/is a source of pride. It’s a shame this is their attitude and the attitude of the dealer.

As stated and trying not to add to your pain this type of thing happens going from humid to dry, but shouldn’t happen on a proper built new guitar in that price range and if it did the builder should stand behind it. Definitely jump on disputing payment if it’s still possible. Also as stated a “social media treatment” might be worthwhile. I’m from PA and Martin was/is a source of pride. It’s a shame this is their attitude and the attitude of the dealer.
Except the guitar went dry to humid.

Except the guitar went dry to humid.
Correct, meaning it shouldn’t have happened. Or more correctly it should have been much more less likely. Of course shit happens, but that’s when good faith commerce should take over.

Edit:
IMHO it shouldn’t happen traveling in the same country if the manufacturer and dealer took proper care of the instrument. Period

Correct, meaning it shouldn’t have happened. Or more correctly it should have been much more less likely. Of course shit happens, but that’s when good faith commerce should take over.

Edit:
IMHO it shouldn’t happen traveling in the same country if the manufacturer and dealer took proper care of the instrument. Period
I misread what you wrote there, sorry.

So, my new I i have had it since April 12th) has a crack from bridge to front-the seam . Of course the store and Martin immediately let me know that humidity related issues are NOT covered under warranty???? I have been in florida since 1972, I have owned no less than 20 different acoustic guitars. NONE EVER CARCKED. ever.
Total joke. Martin is a disgrace imho. Ok I'm done! BTW, the store I bought it from is in Reno, Nevada, talk about Humidity?

If it was Bizarre Guitar they keep their rooms humidified.

EDIT: They did keep them humidified pre Covid. Now doing online sales only so my statement may not be accurate. When I bought my Taylor there, they had humidifiers everywhere.

Any where in Florida isn’t going to be dry. Pretty lame of Martin to blame it on that. Best luck with getting it resolved!

Last edited:
Yes big joke Greg-

I wouldn't take it as if it was trying to poke fun at the crappy situation you're going through. I totally read the jokes as a benevolent attempt to lighten the mood and make it easier for you to get through; I think we're all picturing ourselves in this situation, and we all feel bad about someone else having to deal with it. You might not be feeling lighthearted at all about this, but really, I don't at all think anyone meant you to feel worse. We're here for you, brother!

I wouldn't take it as if it was trying to poke fun at the crappy situation you're going through. I totally read the jokes as a benevolent attempt to lighten the mood and make it easier for you to get through; I think we're all picturing ourselves in this situation, and we all feel bad about someone else having to deal with it. You might not be feeling lighthearted at all about this, but really, I don't at all think anyone meant you to feel worse. We're here for you, brother!
Well Honestly, although I didn't care for Gregs attempt to lighten thinks up, so to speak. Some thinks just DON't need lightening up. BUT, I actually meant to direct it to Henry. Again I am sure you will say he was doing the ame thing.
Whatever.

Well Honestly, although I didn't care for Gregs attempt to lighten thinks up, so to speak. Some thinks just DON't need lightening up. BUT, I actually meant to direct it to Henry. Again I am sure you will say he was doing the ame thing.
Whatever.

Yeah, Man, I meant for both of them. Believe me, I think everyone's stomach just got a pit in it reading your story. I think we're all hoping it gets resolved well for you! I also think that there are definitely people who like to crap on other people's day all over the place, and sometimes on this forum, but to me, that's not what I'm seeing in this at all. I'm going through a situation now in which two companies are throwing me to each other so neither has to help me, and it's been going on for six months. Not nearly this amount of money, but endlessly frustrating. I'm just putting myself in your shoes, and it sucks.

Update: As I posted the luthier (Martin warranty guy) told me on the phone if it's just the top finish one of those sound hole humidifiers cold fix it.
well so far it seems he was correct. I can hardly feel the crack anymore. Very slight.
I bought 3 different in hole thingies. I alternate between the 3 (crazy I know)

So far, so good! :)

Back
Top Bottom