New MacBook Pro update

electronpirate

Axe-Master
Upgraded yesterday to the new update on the MacBook Pro.

Took it off cable to play music downstairs, and my power levels dropped like crazy. It went to 61% after 10 minutes, then 20 minutes later, down to 15% in a flash. I'm used to getting at least 3 hours out of this old box (and did so last night.)

MacBook Pro people...may want to wait this out for a few days to see if there's an issue with it that they'll have to fix.

Thanks for the info. BUMMER! My browsers won't update cuz I'm afraid to update my Macbook. WTH Apple?

An SMC reset might be worth a try, and maybe even a PRAM reset; I've seen those (especially the SMC reset) correct a variety of strange hardware issues on Apple devices. An SMC reset is always the first thing we do at work when troubleshooting Apple stuff, try just doing that first and go from there:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Be aware that a PRAM reset affects a lot of hardware settings that you'll definitely need to go over and set; use with a bit of caution, etc.

An SMC reset might be worth a try, and maybe even a PRAM reset; I've seen those (especially the SMC reset) correct a variety of strange hardware issues on Apple devices. An SMC reset is always the first thing we do at work when troubleshooting Apple stuff, try just doing that first and go from there:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Be aware that a PRAM reset affects a lot of hardware settings that you'll definitely need to go over and set; use with a bit of caution, etc.

+1000

I have 2 brothers who each have a MacBook Pro. After a high sierra update, both of the computers died the same way. The screen went dark blue with vertical lines running down the screen, and the computers became unresponsive. This happened to both computers in the same week. Planned obsolescence via software sabotage from apple, again.

My MacBook pro is much older than both of them and still running snow leopard IIRC, so no issues other than being slow by current standards.

Apple used to be great, but they don't care about their users anymore.

I have 2 brothers who each have a MacBook Pro. After a high sierra update, both of the computers died the same way. The screen went dark blue with vertical lines running down the screen, and the computers became unresponsive. This happened to both computers in the same week. Planned obsolescence via software sabotage from apple, again.

My MacBook pro is much older than both of them and still running snow leopard IIRC, so no issues other than being slow by current standards.

I've heard that too antcarrier. Also, picture on screen would shrink and would have black bars all around it. My Mac is from late 2011, I'm satisfied with it but my browsers won't update unless I update my Mac, and that causes problems with opening certain websites and "subfolders" like in Chase bank's site or USPS, Reverb, etc.

My son just bought a brand new MB Pro, totally decked out. He upgraded and the exact same issue happened. Took it back to Apple Store and the replaced it (he only had it for week). I/we hope this in NOT a trend!

My only guess is its the new APFS file system.
My MacBook Pro circa mid 2010 gave me a whale of a time.
...but a new ssd hd, the hi sierra update, and re-install of all apps and all is well...knock on wood.

Back
Top Bottom