New Looper feature preview: Attaching modifiers to Play control

I like where this is heading... Why not allow something where you can copy the last two seconds or so and allow a "scratching" capability and then control it with a pedal?

ok, so with v10 we can attach modifiers to play, reverse and half speed, which is great, but i'd like to be able to use the looper as an effect...a new kind of delay, that changes direction and/or changes speed. i can set this up by recording an empty loop and hitting stack with dub mix on about 60%. works great, but it would be so cool to be able to set something up and have it load ready to go without hitting buttons on the front panel or on your foot controller. i'm thinking perhaps maybe one button press to record a set number of bars relative to the global tempo and then automatically go into stack mode. if it did this on patch load, even better. not sure if it's possible, of course...i think adam said that this kind of thing was pretty tricky to do because of the current looper architecture, but i'm just throwing it out there... adam...any comment...?
ps - for it to work properly, the loop and the internal controllers have to be in sync, so that direction / speed changes happen at the loop boundary

Hi All,
I added an enhancement to the Looper that allows you to attach a modifier to the Play control.

I was having a lot of fun with it so I recorded a quick preview demo. I'm sure you guys will come up with many more creative and musical ways to use this.

-Adam

reVOLVER II - YouTube

This pedal sounds better to me: less harsh, more glitchy.
Anyway cool you did it, Adam!

Our new CD:#1 (the inofficial Dinopt - album ) by NAtonic on SoundCloud - Hear the world...
Yeah, it´s music download for free! Enjoy!!!
FYI: Drums&ChapmanStick, no overdubs

Last edited:
This is not awesome. Unless an audience loves DJs and dub step I don't see it wowing a crowd, but for everyone who wants a stutter switch or an effect...woo hoo

cool

Hi All,
I added an enhancement to the Looper that allows you to attach a modifier to the Play control.

I was having a lot of fun with it so I recorded a quick preview demo. I'm sure you guys will come up with many more creative and musical ways to use this.

-Adam

Hi All,

-Adam

Hey Adam,

I've been trying to reproduce the LFO stutter effect and am struggling.

I've assigned the LFO to the Play control on the looper and in turn assigned the LFO to External Control 2 (midi CC 17). I've then assigned an Instant Access switch to External Control 2 and set this to momentary on the MFC.

I was hoping that I could then record a loop to tempo (the LFO is to tempo too) and then apply the stutter effect TO ANY POINT IN THE LOOP by hitting the momentary switch. When I hit the switch, it does create the tempo sync stutter but only for the very beginning of the loop. As soon as I release the momentary switch, it starts playing the loop from the beginning again (essentially resetting the start of the loop each time). I'm sure I'm missing something simple but how do I set this up so that I can apply the stutter to a particular moment in the loop, rather than just the beginning?

If there's a patch you've got to hand that is set up for this, even better.

Cheers,

Simon

I was hoping that I could then record a loop to tempo (the LFO is to tempo too) and then apply the stutter effect TO ANY POINT IN THE LOOP by hitting the momentary switch.

but this is how play currently works. if the loop is playing and you hit play, it retriggers the loop from the start

sounds like you want to replay a short section of the middle of the loop and keep it in sync. really not possible...

This is not awesome. Unless an audience loves DJs and dub step I don't see it wowing a crowd, but for everyone who wants a stutter switch or an effect...woo hoo

Not everyone who uses the Axe Fx is just trying to emulate the tones of their favorite 80s cheezy metal band, some of us want to create new sounds ;)

Funny thing for me with this is that I've already been doing similar effects with the existing Looper.. the secret is to attach a non-latching foot switch to the pedal inputs on the back of the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom