New Looper feature preview: Attaching modifiers to Play control

Crazy. My brain hurts. ;) :D

this is what it's like in my brain all the time! i can think of about 10 ways to use this new feature right off the bat (well, i've had a little time to think about it, as it occurred to me months ago) and they're all wicked cool :)

if there's a way round the record limitation without having to hit a pre-assigned external to create the initial loop, then it's all systems go to nuttytown :)

Way cool! Can see lots of run to be had with this.

Gotta say that I am most impressed that you managed to make the end of the waveform look like a dick....:lol (sorry in advance!)

This is much what I´ve been doing(/learning) in the last six months, with external gear, so it sounds all familiar. If the looper structure in the axe isn´t made in a way that allows the Record function to be under modifier control, so be it. It´s really good that all the rest can be within that control, there´s a lot of possibilities right there. I can hear plenty of sounds in my head with this. So thanks a lot for doing this Adam!

Now there´s a whole lot more of really good ideas in Simeons "effect only" thread, that we are many in here wishing for. It would really be great if you/FAS would look into what´s possible and what falls within the scope of the Axe in FAS plannings. If I may add and suggest a few myself:

Realtime NN control of pitch shifter voices (asked for this many years ago with the Ultra).
Envelope follower on input 2.

Very, very cool.

Any chance of being able to tie playback direction and speed to an expression pedal?
It would be great to be able to have toe down as forward, heel down as back- imagine the turnbalist effects you could do with that?

Very, very cool.

Any chance of being able to tie playback direction and speed to an expression pedal?
It would be great to be able to have toe down as forward, heel down as back- imagine the turnbalist effects you could do with that?

All up for that idea if possible, just thinking about how stack/overdub would interfer with the playback if you are changing direction with expression pedal?

All up for that idea if possible, just thinking about how stack/overdub would interfer with the playback if you are changing direction with expression pedal?

Currently it does very good things when you hit reverse and half speed whilst you are overdubbing.
Crazy, unpredictable things.

It is one of my favourite things about the looper in its current form.

Currently it does very good things when you hit reverse and half speed whilst you are overdubbing.
Crazy, unpredictable things.

It is one of my favourite things about the looper in its current form.

Ah nice! I haven´t played around that much with the Looper in a long time. I remember that I tried to "build" something similar of this with the Looper block and external MIDI control from my Clavia G2. But I think we were at the former major FW (regarding the Looper block... FW 6 maybe?), so it didn´t take that too well. Since then I´ve been focusing on incorporating the Axe with external gear, making them all integrated with each other...

Very, very cool.

Amen to this. Was going to post this suggestion as well. Loop scratching with the Axe and an expression pedal. Awesome.

awesome stuff....think quite a few have been looking forward to this! hoping the record can be implemented in some way

I... can't see myself using this at all, but I'm excited to see what other people come up with! I seriously use a fraction of what the box can actually do. My presets are almost all Amp -> Cab -> Reverb -> lead boost/delay. Even though I'm all digital, I'm still a pretty traditional player.

To control speed with an expression pedal will require some more extensive programming. Right now the code only supports full and half speed and not rates in between. I'll get there eventually :).

Maybe it's worth looking at creating a new block with this new functionality and leaving the old block as is. The new block wouldn't need the mfc control?

Adam, I don't know you personally but I think I'm in love with you :)

Same goes for you too Simeon. Your patches are out of this world. I'm afraid of what the two of you could come up with together. YIKES!!

That's nice. That effect would also be cool for use in a synth preset. Or, you could put a wah pedal after the looper. Could be useful as a controlled stutter for other things besides guitar, too.Starts triggering the imagination just thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom