New Looper Behavior

yoitsmegabe

Inspired
Anyone else not used to the new looper function? Prior to 17.00 I could use the record button to do all of the looping. I would use record to start the loop, then press record again to play the loop. I could then press record again at any time during the loop to "arm" the recording during the next pass. Now, if you press record during the loop it stops recording when the loop starts up again. This is throwing me off. I don't like "2nd press overdub" because then I have to tap play to do what I was doing with one switch before. It's going to take some rewiring of my brain to get used to this.

Have you checked the looper menu
There you can assign what the record button does.
Yeah, there's play, stop, and overdub. What I'm saying is that pre 17.00 you could leave it on play mode so that it plays the loop when 2nd record is pressed , then still press record again to begin overdubbing. Now on 17.00 if you press 2nd record a little early to give yourself a buffer to begin playing, the recording will stop before the loop starts again. I hope I explained that correctly I feel confusing as I'm typing it 😂.

did you check these new features from the release notes of 17.00:

Added Max Loop Time parameter to Looper. This sets the maximum recording time. This allows a loop to be automatically created once the loop time exceeds this value.

Changed Looper behavior so that if recording and time reaches the maximum recording time the mode changes to that specified by Record 2nd Press.

did you check these new features from the release notes of 17.00:

Added Max Loop Time parameter to Looper. This sets the maximum recording time. This allows a loop to be automatically created once the loop time exceeds this value.

Changed Looper behavior so that if recording and time reaches the maximum recording time the mode changes to that specified by Record 2nd Press.
Yep, read the release notes, that's when I figured out things had changed. Was going to ask if it was a bug at first but remembered to check the notes. Unfortunately none of those options do anything to mimic the old behavior. I'm just going to have to get used to using overdub mode for 2nd press. So its going to be: hit record, hit a separate play button on the fc, then hit record again to begin overdub. Before I was able to do all three steps on the record button with "play" as the mode for the 2nd press.

Hopefully this helps a bit with explaining what I mean. In the video I'm on 16.04. In the looper settings, the 2nd press of record is set to play. I record the first pass (red), then hit record to play. In this mode I can press record again (yellow) before the loop ends that way I'm not worried about pressing the button and playing again right on cue. As you can see my timing sucks as it is lol.
On 17.00, when I do this early arming of the record button the recording stops recording when the loop restarts, even though the loop itself is still playing. I'll end up thinking I what I was playing got overdubbed, but it didn't.

I've fixed this for the next release.
Can you plz fix/change also the behaviour of reverse button. Reverse should stay active if the user activates it and should not get deactivated with Record button etc. This is rare and not practical.

If you want to record and play it right away in reverse, you should not be tap dancing to keep things in reverse and axe should not be making decisions for you and activating/deactivating other buttons with the press of record.

I think the right terminology is....STICKY. the reverse button should be sticky. Or even better if this could be an option.

Back
Top Bottom