new line6 pod hd500 ? anyone hear about this

bmi said:
Horst works for line 6 in Germany, i'm sorry but the sound doesn't work for me :? :

Horst version with HD500 :
http://rapidshare.com/files/423149237/J ... .mp3?bin=1

Old pod versions :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ZIL19x ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHQkivKM ... r_embedded

Where is the issue? :|
You can do that for all samples made with the HD500 and find as good if not better on youtube made with old pods. :?:

In fairness, you can find Axe-Fx clips that sound no better too. Comparing direct and mic´ed recordings is a bit of apples and oranges if you ask me.

And if you listen to the original (that holy grail Marshall), you will find it has more fizz than any modern modeller - in capable hands.

£409 in the UK. If it's half decent that's seems like a steal. Especially since I've ordered a new Tyler Variax.
The thing I missed the most when I sold my VettaII and Variax was the ability to store the Vax models in the patch.... different amp, effects, guitar and tuning with the stomp of one footswitch.

I remember buying a Pod X3 Live for a backup it was so awful I took it back within a couple of days. Hopefully things have moved on and Line 6 have actually improved the modelling rather than just remarketing in a different package.

As Armin said, £2,500 for an Ultra and MFC101 + Expression pedal v Line 6 HD500 @ £409. Plus Variax connectivity and a looper.

Sounds like a good backup rig to me!! ;)

vaxed said:
£2,500 for an Ultra and MFC101 + Expression pedal v Line 6 HD500 @ £409.

Great deal for those in that price line..I remember paying £1000 for the Ax2 2x12 in the early nineties,
so damn ugly that i love it and still have it!! :lol:

bmi said:
Horst works for line 6 in Germany, i'm sorry but the sound doesn't work for me :? :

I´m sorry but this is not entirely true. ;)

Horst is an old friend of mine.
He used to work for Line6 Germany but has run his own Music school for several years now and only freelances for L6 occasionally.

He still runs the German L6 userboard which I happen to moderate.

In conclusion he´s not professionally interested to prove any superiority of any L6 device to anyhing else, but I certainly feel (and second) his enthusiasm about the direction Line6 has taken recently .

BTW I demoed him my Ultra once via Skypephone :shock:
and he was equally impressed (because he also felt my own enthusiasm, too).

The world is big enough for a lot of awesome gear.

Doc said:
He used to work for Line6 Germany but has run his own Music school for several years now and only freelances for L6 occasionally.

In conclusion he´s not professionally interested to prove any superiority of any L6 device to anyhing else, but I certainly feel (and second) his enthusiasm about the direction Line6 has taken recently .
In other words, he works for Line6 Germany. He just doesn't get a paycheck. :mrgreen:

plexi59 said:
Doc said:

In other words, he works for Line6 Germany. He just doesn't get a paycheck. :mrgreen:

Nah. :)

http://thesofteggs.com/daniel/podhd/cn.mp3

facepalm.gif
No comment.

I can also post horrible axe samples if you want… come on, give it a rest, cherche toi d'autres moulins à vent ;)

fremen said:
I can also post horrible axe samples if you want…
The difference here is that it's supposed to be a good tone coming from the Pod Hd.
(by the owner at least)
Tu es gentil mais je fais ce que je veux. ;)

bmi said:
fremen said:
The difference here is that it's supposed to be a good tone coming from the Pod Hd.
(by the owner at least)

What was your good intent with that post?

bmi said:
fremen said:
(by the owner at least)
I know the guy who posted that sample from a German forum, he bought a guitar from me once.

Where did you see this post? Because on the German forum I saw only 2 other clips from hin. A clean Vox sample and a Plexi sample.

hoss said:
bmi said:
fremen said:
(by the owner at least)
I know the guy who posted that sample from a German forum, he bought a guitar from me once.

Where did you see this post? Because on the German forum I saw only 2 other clips from hin. A clean Vox sample and a Plexi sample.
Probably on TGP, I saw it here
I've heard enough samples of the POD HD to say that Line 6 did improve their modeling technology, at least fort clean and crunch (still waiting for convincing hi gain/br00tal samples). Funny thing is that regarding warm/fatness, it reminds me of the POD 2.0/POD XT difference. The XT, with a supposed superiror modeling technology, was way thinner sounding than its older brother.
Bottom line, for the price the HD seems a really good product line. I would like to try one, or even get a HD500 as a backup+midi pedalboard+looper for my standard. Hell, it cost much less than a MFC… If I was a pro I'll probably think otherwise but I'm not

I'll keep my standard of course. For me it's not about the performance/price ratio, it's about the tone/flexibility, and for that only the axe delivers what I need

vaxed said:
Sounds like a good backup rig to me!! ;)

fremen said:
Bottom line, for the price the HD seems a really good product line. I would like to try one, or even get a HD500 as a backup+midi pedalboard+looper for my standard. Hell, it cost much less than a MFC… If I was a pro I'll probably think otherwise but I'm not

I agree. This thing is cheaper than the MFC 101 and I'm sure I could probably get by with it to play a show in the event of an AXE malfunction (fingers crossed - hasn't ever happened with my AXE but redundancy is a good thing.....)

I previously used an X3 live as a backup for my old tube rig and actually ended up playing a high profile show with it due to my tube amp malfunctioning......funny thing is no one I spoke to after the show noticed any issue with my sound. My opinion is most patrons at a music show don't notice these things.

North said:
bmi said:
fremen said:
(by the owner at least)

What was your good intent with that post?
I don't understand your question. I think it's clear i have posted a sample and let you understand my point of view now you have to make your own opinion. Because this sample has been made by someone else i think there is no more intention than this one.

This sample has been posted on TGP, then removed. No comment about that.

fremen said:
I've heard enough samples of the POD HD to say that Line 6 did improve their modeling technology, at least fort clean and crunch (still waiting for convincing hi gain/br00tal samples). Funny thing is that regarding warm/fatness, it reminds me of the POD 2.0/POD XT difference. The XT, with a supposed superiror modeling technology, was way thinner sounding than its older brother.
I'll keep my standard of course. For me it's not about the performance/price ratio, it's about the tone/flexibility, and for that only the axe delivers what I need

+1

fremen said:
In matter of tone, IMO the GSP1101 with the mustbebeta firmware sounds much better in all aspects than the pod HD.
(in the same price league)

bmi said:
http://thesofteggs.com/daniel/podhd/cn.mp3

facepalm.gif
No comment.

What was so bad about that tone? It wasn't ideal but it wasn't facepalm material. There was nothing about that tone that would preclude someone from making some good music. I could use that tone on a gig no problem.

I love my Axe-FX - it is not going ANYWHERE. That doesn't preclude other things from sounding very good as well. I've got a POD HD coming and I'm very much looking forward to it. I just got a Fender Mustang II modeling amp and it is sounds damn good and is an incredible value. Again, it is not my ideal tone but when I want some good tone at an open mic, blues jam, or just to have for a guest to jam with in my rehearsal room it is flippin' fantastic.

Well, I think that clip was facepalm material. Still I've heard good clips coming from the POD HD and I've got to try it first before I'll assume it's bad. Right now I'll just assume the same guys that are already used to Line6 tones are tweaking those clips to sound harsh. Still it's not Line6 digital mush harsh like before.

Back
Top Bottom