New line up complete - nearly

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
So - gone is the Stroborack, the SLA-1 and the VHT 2x12 Fatbottom cab.

In is the new zilla ported 2x12 with 3 removable back pannels, and a VHT 2:50:2.

All I want now is a Stageclix Jack wireless on top and Im good to go. 1 Midi cable, 1 Speaker cable, 1 power plug and a guitar and Im off !!

SDC11619-1.jpg

That's a nice rig setup.

I'm waiting (waiting... waiting...) for the MFC101 to drop before I go the pedalboard route (though I don't know why) so I can mount my expression pedals like you have yours setup.

Very cool rig!

Had that over a year. Never had any problems. The only thing it doesnt do Id like is tuner display.

The LF is too big and not available in the UK. Hopefully the MFC101 is of a similar size to the all access, and not so expensive.

Great looking rig!
How do you like the VHT compare to ART and other power amps that you tried with AXE-FX?
Kind regards!

TheVHT is the best ive tried. As the cab arrived within a day or so before the amp, its actually a combination of both thats changed.

When I first used the Art I thought it sounded great. I could pretty much nail my old amp tones, and I was a bit believer in the little SS amp. Thing is after 14 months of tweeking, fine tuning and learning the Axe, I started to feel something wasnt quite right.

I suppose it was down to getting pickier and pickier, the way you can with all the parameters in the axe. Just getting the last 1% was getting difficult.

I tried the power section of a friend orange amo, and the gainy tones just were more satisfying, and the cleaner ones more lively. I tried a used Marshall 9100 which had the same results. I felt maybe the week link was the art. Compared to the £1500 Axe, my PRSs and my old £1800 VHT, the little £200 amp was never going to be the same quality.

I tried some high Quality SS amps too. The Lab Gruppens were great. Much better than the Art. I didnt try them back to back with a tube power amp though. I was waiting to try a powersoft as a 1U option when I got the chance of the VHT. Ive always liked there equipment and the thing was both the Labs and Powersofts were around £900. A VHT 2:50:2 is normally £1250 over hear so the SS amps seemed good. The only other option was £800 for a Marshall 9100. Thats 3U though so really too big. When I had the chance of the VHT - ch was ex-Demo, for £650 i jumped at it.

i can say I have not made a bad choice. I love it. I run it clean, dont let it start to really work, and keep the Power sims On. Sounds stunning. Just more body without the slight mid/flubbyness of the Art. More sparkle in the highs and more open in the mids. Its actually not as loud as the Art SLA-1 bridged, but still plenty loud enough.

Back
Top Bottom